The Student Room Group

How long did your first relationship last and how old were you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Sunny_Smiles
I'm still not quite over a girl I liked for years on end :lol: I was rejected after mustering up the courage of telling her I liked her, and I thought we were complete sole mates, but apparently not - she had no problem going out with random people she had seemingly known for mere days though, that's what hurt the most :frown: I mean, I don't consider myself out of her league at all, it was just a bit of a "tragedy". oh well, if she didn't feel the same I can't blame her for it.

I'd advice you to walk away, rather. You might hurt yourself even more. Sometimes this is the nature of people to abuse the attention that receive from people who care for them.
Reply 41
Never had one and never will. I'm not cut out for one
15&18 months
16, 6 months. His ambition was to be an adult film star.
I first agreed to be someone's "girlfriend" when I was 16. However, I prefer to think that doesn't count :p: As unfortunately I didn't really like him that way, we did nothing physical, and split up after 2 weeks. It wasn't a romantic relationship in anything but name.

I've been with my next, and first/only serious boyfriend since I was 17, for 5 years now. There's no reason first/young love can't work out. It's just that most relationships in general don't, for one reason or another.

I always imagined myself being older and experienced, and having dated a lot before I settled on one person, but now I think it's actually very lucky to be with your first love. My boyfriend is perfect and I'm so glad to have known him and been with him all this time, and I feel fortunate not to have gone through any heartbreak. But there's not that much in it, as long as you end up with someone who cares and makes you happy.
Original post by Anonymous
A lot of people say that first relationships never last. I'm interested to see how many people stayed with their first partner. I'll start - age 20, 8 months and counting :smile:

14 1 month

Posted from TSR Mobile
19, nearly 6 months now :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by shawn_o1
Never had one and never will. I'm not cut out for one

Ahaha same. I'm 19, never had a proper relationship.
14 and 12 years in counting.
well you could say 14 & 4 months but I don't really count that because I was black-mailed into it so once the thing that was held against me was go I was gone. so I would say it hasn't happened yet.
I was 14. We were together for 6 months, broke up for a bit and got back together for another 3 months.
18, lasted about six months.
Reply 52
14, 9 months about?
now 19 and been in one of one year one month and counting
Original post by Triumph_Turtle
ooh..what did he do?:smile:

Hit me across the face and left me with a bruise on my arm :rolleyes:.
Original post by snailsareslimy
Hit me across the face and left me with a bruise on my arm :rolleyes:.

If you're serious then he's a scumbag.Good for you for leaving him.
Reply 55
19 abd for 6 months. You live and you learn. My only regret was that I didn't go for someone better both in terms of looks and personality. That person now has a boyfriend. She was just so beautiful :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Triumph_Turtle
If you're serious then he's a scumbag.Good for you for leaving him.

TBH he can't be entirely blamed (I slapped him first because he was dragging me up a road by my wrists (and it was starting to hurt when he wouldn't stop) when I felt unwell because he was in a mood :confused:). I don't condone hitting anyone, I wish I wouldn't have, it was just one of those things that happened unfortunately. He then proceeded to hit me across the face twice and then grabbed my arm and shook me really hard while screaming at me (which is where the bruise came from). All pretty stupid, really.

Anyway, thank you, we're both happier out of the relationship anyway so it worked out for the best :smile:.
I was 16, and it lasted two and a half years.

Now with my second partner and engaged.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58
Still in mine since I was 16, 4 years now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got together when we were 14, will
Have been together 11 years in July and are engaged :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending