The Student Room Group

How soon and how.

How soon should things become 'official'?
I mean, I basically met this lad around 2 weeks ago, and we've been out a few times since, drinks, meals, cinema etc etc, and recently i stayed round at his and whatnot, he seems to like me and i like him.

now i don't wanna put pressure on it, cos its really good so far, but like, how soon should a relationship be spoken about? should it be mentioned at all?

to me, i'd class it as i'm 'seeing' him right now, in that i wouldnt go off with anyone else (nor would he, i hope!!) but its not really 'official'

do things kinda normally just slip into being the whole boyfriend/girlfriend official thing? If not, hows the best way to find out without putting on pressure, cos i know that asking where a relationship is going might sound a bit scary!!!
xx
Reply 1
I think it's best to just let it slip into a relationship slowly. I know when you're younger you have to have the whole "will you go out with me" to konw that you're definitley 'going out' but when you're older I think you just let it geth there naturally. This avoids putting any pressure on the situation and makes the whole thing feel a lot cooler and more relaxed and probably gives it a better chance of getting off the ground.

Latest

Trending

Trending