The Student Room Group

Got caught using my expired stagecoach bus pass

The driver caught me using my month-long expired bus pass, and it has my picture and name on it and also my school. She said it was 'prosecution-able' and I did apologise but she was having none of it (no surprise). Does this mean she will hand in my bus pass, how much will the fine be? I was genuinely very apologetic and told her I wasn't aware that it was expired.
Also does anyone know how long it will take for them to get back to me about it? dont want to be scared forever
Could I say it wasnt me, and that i threw away that pass months ago? or am i likely to get into even more trouble because of the CCTV cameras :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I doubt anything major will come of this. The same thing happened to my bf when he was about 15 except he was trying to pull a fast one on the driver and get a freebie since his pass was expired by a few days. The driver also said to to him that he could get into bother for it but he never heard anything back from Stagecoach. It gave him a fright though to not try it again.

Of the times I've known people for skipping fares whether thru this means or anything else, it usually when it happens on trains that you get punished for it but even then its usually just a small fine or a slightly higher than normal ticket fare. So either way I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just remember to always check the date on your ticket.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Yasmin25
I doubt anything major will come of this. The same thing happened to my bf when he was about 15 except he was trying to pull a fast one on the driver and get a freebie since his pass was expired by a few days. The driver also said to to him that he could get into bother for it but he never heard anything back from Stagecoach. It gave him a fright though to not try it again.

Of the times I've known people for skipping fares whether thru this means or anything else, it usually when it happens on trains that you get punished for it but even then its usually just a small fine or a slightly higher than normal ticket fare. So either way I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just remember to always check the date on your ticket.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! This has made me panic less :smile:
You gon get prosecutioned.
Reply 4
Original post by Dr Pesto
You gon get prosecutioned.

care to elaborate please?
Original post by bhavixxx
care to elaborate please?

I was just taking the piss because she said 'prosecutionable'. I seriously doubt anything is going to happen, you definitely won't be prosecuted.
Original post by bhavixxx
The driver caught me using my month-long expired bus pass, and it has my picture and name on it and also my school. She said it was 'prosecution-able' and I did apologise but she was having none of it (no surprise). Does this mean she will hand in my bus pass, how much will the fine be? I was genuinely very apologetic and told her I wasn't aware that it was expired.
Also does anyone know how long it will take for them to get back to me about it? dont want to be scared forever
Could I say it wasnt me, and that i threw away that pass months ago? or am i likely to get into even more trouble because of the CCTV cameras :frown:

Do you honestly think StageCoach are going to go to court because you tried to use an expired pass. Chances are next to none.
Reply 7
I did this with an Arriva one and the bus driver was pissed but I convinced him to let me keep it so that I can reuse my passport photo in it (it's a network one pass). I've never heard of anything come of this before and the worst that could happen is a £20/50 fine but that seems very unlikely.
My girlfriend used her one that was expired for over a year, got caught one day and just had the pass confiscated.
we have C.C.T.V Cameras on Every bus and when the driver files the incident we will take the cameras off the bus and review them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending