The Student Room Group

Will Liverpool ever get a better chance to win the title?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Big teams will always drop points surprisingly - it's a fact of football. Nobody will go a season unbeaten again.

Never say never......

But Liverpool could easily have wrapped up the title had they not dropped silly points here and there much like when United pipped them in 2009 and Arsenal in 2002.

They will come back strong next season I suspect and may well do good in Europe depending on their group draw. Very few teams will look forward to a European night against Liverpool at a sold out Anfield.
Original post by Mackay
Big teams will always drop points surprisingly - it's a fact of football. Nobody will go a season unbeaten again.

Chelsea nearly did it in 2004-05 having lost just one match all season.
Reply 42
Original post by Mackay

Honestly I think that City team can go unbeaten if they had a more pragmatic manager.

Maybe Chelsea too with a few additions but it still looks a bit lightweight compared to City's team.
Original post by sr90
You can't imagine Mourinho's Chelsea dropping as many points to 'lower' sides next year with Courtois, Lukaku, Costa, Zouma and probably more signings to come into the fold. Same with City, you can probably put their poor away form in the autumn down to Pellegrini getting to learn the English game as they only lost 1 away game after that.

It's hard to see past a City/Chelsea top 2 for the next few years, but then nobody could have predicted Manchester United or Liverpool having seasons like they did this year. So who knows.

Completely agree with this, but football is unpredictable! I reckon itll be a 1.Man City, 2.Chelsea, 3.Liverpool, 4.Arsenal, 5.Man U, but its all dependant on this transfer window and injuries throughout the season.

PS I dont want people quoting me next may telling me how wrong I was lol
Reply 44
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Chelsea nearly did it in 2004-05 having lost just one match all season.

Our team was just much better than the rest that season if I'm being honest it was unbelievable. There's a reason why we have the highest points tally.
Reply 45
No , Liverpool suck

Posted from TSR Mobile
They will because they're one of the game's great clubs and will always be able to attract the players required to challenge for top honours.

They well and truly blew it this season though. I still can't quite believe it happened. You honestly couldn't make it up.
Reply 47
Original post by Wilfred Little
They will because they're one of the game's great clubs and will always be able to attract the players required to challenge for top honours.

They well and truly blew it this season though. I still can't quite believe it happened. You honestly couldn't make it up.

Bet you're happy creasehead still doesn't have a premier league title.
Original post by samir12
Yh but after the season after, Liverpool basically crumbled out of the top 4 and into the mid table. Same thing could happen if Liverpool lose Suarez just like Liverpool lost Alonso.

Good prediction.
Original post by sr90
Good prediction.

Haha, not one I'm proud of getting right but the injury to Sturridge also contributed.
Original post by White Dress
lol, the troll never ends. Have no idea how United and Arsenal fans are piping up so much.

It's quite simple. If a team gets 90 points, they win the league. Liverpool get 90 points next year, and they'll win the league.

This year Liverpool have 84. They need to make signings worth 6 points and a few to enable a CL run. It's not implausible, we're third favourites after City and Chelsea in the minds of the bookies. Don't see how you can write off a team that just scored 101 goals - it's much easier to get a good defence and that will be sorted out this summer.

Look forward to an era of Liverpool competing for the title, ladies and gents.

Original post by White Dress
Everyone in Europe will **** themselves at the prospect of Liverpool in their group. The only team that has outplayed us this season over two matches is Chelsea.

This gem can't be ignored

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread is ****ing cringe.

#deluded
#salty
#ItsOur****INGYear!
[QUOTE=White Dress;47537031
Look forward to an era of Liverpool competing for the title, ladies and gents.
I'm not really up for trolling but this made me :rofl:
Reply 54
Just banter, lads.
This thread is absolute gold. Some of these quotes should be written on a plaque and posted outside Anfield.
Original post by Major Zero
This thread is absolute gold. Some of these quotes should be written on a plaque and posted outside Anfield.

Just to demoralise and discourage Liverpool fans, because the reds will never win the championship? everyone who is not a very optimistic fan of that club knows this is the true.

Quick Reply

Latest