The Student Room Group

Chances for getting accepted..

I want to ask about the changes of getting into oxford for my friend who has completed her 12 education in india .. she has studied the state syllabus(pretty hard one to crack) she hid computer sci , phy , chem, math and eng for her 12 ... She scored a total average of 85% . she wish to opt for modern lang. in oxford though. She has studied Modern lang for 2 years ;seperately. She have a good extracurricular activities .. so what are her chances...??
(edited 9 years ago)
Oxbridge usually only accept those with 90%+ results. :frown:
Reply 2
Hmmm i thought they accept only cbse or isc .... what about Durham , bath , warwick and all ...?? Should she even try to apply to oxford , even she has couple of subjects 90+ with almost 95+ in modern lang. her choice... ??? :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by anne.jolie20
Hmmm i thought they accept only cbse or isc .... what about Durham , bath , warwick and all ...?? Should she even try to apply , even she has couple of subjects 90+ with almost 95+ in modern lang. her choice... ??? :confused:

Durham, Bath and Warwick are more relaxed on it but still require quite high results, It wouldn't hurt trying to apply for them :smile:
Reply 4
Oxford = no
others = maybe

soo what are the expected scores for these universities ..??
From the Oxford site (http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/international-students/international-qualifications):

"Year XII qualification, studied with either the CBSE or ISC examination boards, with an achievement of 90% in each of the five subjects studied. Science subjects may also require that candidates take the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) entrance examinations as a pre-condition for entry."
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Mathematical possibility

0.9999999999*0
Original post by anne.jolie20
Oxford = no
others = maybe

soo what are the expected scores for these universities ..??

Depends on many other factors other than your grades. Maybe 85%/90% depending on how much they like you.
Reply 8
She would be heart broken .... :frown: any hooo... i always wondered one thing... Which is better oxbridge's undergradution or graduation ??
and one thing what are the other good universites in uk for modern lang ..???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending