The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by FeelingDepressed
Yeh me too, I applied to Leeds, Bradford, a Teesside and Salford and am saving my 5th choice until the last minute should I not get any interviews elsewhere. I didn't want to go anywhere else so am trying to avoid more interviews than necessary, could be risky :confused:

Yeah, that makes sense :wink: What's your prefered choice?
Original post by squishysquid
Got an interview for BCU yesterday!!! :biggrin:
Been rejected from Leeds though :frown:

Why did you get rejected from leeds? If you don't mind me asking? Was it because of grades?
Really? Why would anyone not think Bangor was any good because it was Welsh and up north?

Presumably only English universities from down south are any good?

or are you Welsh and having a laugh at yourself (a guess because of the Evans in your username)?

Yeah, I was having a laugh because yes, you've guessed it, I am Welsh. Basically what Im really saying is that I've never really thought of it as one of those "Big" and "well known" unis. But as far as diagnostic radiography is concerned, it is really good in that field.
Original post by eevanss96
Yeah, I was having a laugh because yes, you've guessed it, I am Welsh. Basically what Im really saying is that I've never really thought of it as one of those "Big" and "well known" unis. But as far as diagnostic radiography is concerned, it is really good in that field.

Ha ha, I was really offended being a northerner myself until I saw your user name!

It seems to me that all the universities that do radiography seem to do a pretty good job, with good job prospects, and the "modern" universities do at least as well, and in some cases better, than the Russell Groups.

I wasnt suprised that Bangor does it well.....even if it is Welsh and Northern 😃
Original post by Asad12345
Why did you get rejected from leeds? If you don't mind me asking? Was it because of grades?

If you read the thread, Squishy had already answered this. Don't make his/her pain worse. However the first of us to get an interview so that's good .....

It seems to me that all the universities that do radiography seem to do a pretty good job, with good job prospects, and the "modern" universities do at least as well, and in some cases better, than the Russell Groups.

I wasnt suprised that Bangor does it well.....even if it is Welsh and Northern

The main reason for that is the HCPC vets all universities giving the course, they are all held to pretty strict requirements. You might get a tiny bit more science or such from one uni, but they all meet the requirements. Then you add in the relative shortage of radiographers and the NHS funding appropriate numbers of places for predicted future demand and a new radiographer is basically guaranteed a job if they are willing to travel, though it's still pretty likely if they stay local.
If you read the thread, Squishy had already answered this. Don't make his/her pain worse. However the first of us to get an interview so that's good .....

What was it? Please can you repeat?
Reply 427
Has anyone started taking vaccinations...
Original post by Sandra1
Has anyone started taking vaccinations...

You don't need to, the uni will organise it for you when you start. Your GP will probably charge you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 429
Original post by razzmatazz rach
You don't need to, the uni will organise it for you when you start. Your GP will probably charge you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhhhhh alright
Original post by Mjr_issues
The main reason for that is the HCPC vets all universities giving the course, they are all held to pretty strict requirements. You might get a tiny bit more science or such from one uni, but they all meet the requirements. Then you add in the relative shortage of radiographers and the NHS funding appropriate numbers of places for predicted future demand and a new radiographer is basically guaranteed a job if they are willing to travel, though it's still pretty likely if they stay local.

Thank you, makes sense!

I am not into all that this uni is more highly regarded than that etc. if I get offers I will pick where I think I will be happier for three years. I just hope I get an offer!
Thank you, makes sense!

I am not into all that this uni is more highly regarded than that etc. if I get offers I will pick where I think I will be happier for three years. I just hope I get an offer!

You're spending time and effort on a forum about the topic, bit indicative that you're more invested in the topic than some people! Good luck!
Original post by Asad12345
What was it? Please can you repeat?

Post 379, you can click on the user name and then Stats, then find all posts by that user.

grades didnt match the requirements although total overall ucas points were the same.
Original post by Mjr_issues
You're spending time and effort on a forum about the topic, bit indicative that you're more invested in the topic than some people! Good luck!

Thank you 😃
anyone heard anything from derby,Bcu,Liverpool?
Post 379, you can click on the user name and then Stats, then find all posts by that user.

grades didnt match the requirements although total overall ucas points were the same.

Hi sorry only just seen the post :smile: yeah thats why I think I was rejected, it upset me at the time but I only really put Leeds because I didn't know which other uni to put :smile:
Also got a letter from Bangor for an interview in february!
Anyone else heard anything?
To be honest, even if you don't hear anything now, I really wouldn't worry too much about it... Diagnostic radiography is huge in clearing and there's always tonnes of unis after people to fill the spaces. I know it's dodgy waiting until clearing, but it's always there as a back up. That's what I did with bangor because I wasn't doing radiog originally. But don't sweat it too much if you don't get into where you want to go. They may even have places in clearing when it comes to it!
Got an invitation in Track today for Teesside in January, whoo hoo
Offer from Liverpool!:biggrin:
Original post by ayshac94
Offer from Liverpool!:biggrin:

Congratulations! Wooho :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest