The Student Room Group

Summer 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mustgetintoib
Actually if you look at http://mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/university/apply-now/2015acdemics

You can apply with a 2.2 if you have 340 UCAS Points.

wow I had no idea on this

Thanks for the pointer, luckily i have 400 ucas points so will be applied

. Not heard back from EY yet , is it safe to assume a 1st round interview after the message i recieved?
Original post by mandem2k11
wow I had no idea on this

Thanks for the pointer, luckily i have 400 ucas points so will be applied

. Not heard back from EY yet , is it safe to assume a 1st round interview after the message i recieved?

Well I'm getting fast tracked for the performance improvement program so they should get back to me and those who passed the test soon I guess :smile:
Well I'm getting fast tracked for the performance improvement program so they should get back to me and those who passed the test soon I guess :smile:

how did u manage that!? I got told at discover EY could only fast track to tax or assurance :frown: unless you mean just the tests being passed as a fasttrack?

im also performance improvement, seems to be the most competitive one
Guys do you mind moving your Accounting chat to the accounting section? This makes it a bit unfair to everyone else with an interest in I.B that needs to go through pages and pages of EY and Deloitte.

Thank you
how did u manage that!? I got told at discover EY could only fast track to tax or assurance :frown: unless you mean just the tests being passed as a fasttrack?

im also performance improvement, seems to be the most competitive one

Oh, I was told that I could be fast tracked for anything :/ " you are automatically eligible for a first interview should you wish to apply for any of the positions. Interviews will be scheduled from July onwards and you will be first in line."
Original post by PrincePauper
Guys do you mind moving your Accounting chat to the accounting section? This makes it a bit unfair to everyone else with an interest in I.B that needs to go through pages and pages of EY and Deloitte.

Thank you

As i recall this is the IB and CONSULTANCY forum , and we are talking about a consulting role in a firm that operates as a consultancy in some respects not an accountant..

Thank you

It's about consulting though :P
As i recall this is the IB and CONSULTANCY forum , and we are talking about a consulting role in a firm that operates as a consultancy in some respects not an accountant..

It's about consulting though :P

Still wrong.
You're in the "Investment banking internships and work experience" sub section. Consultancy threads are normally made in the main section, which is "Investment banking and consultancy"
Anybody be so kind to share/PM a link to PDF guide of WSO Behavioural and Technical interview guide?
Original post by Cutmeloose
Anybody be so kind to share/PM a link to PDF guide of WSO Behavioural and Technical interview guide?

Would also really apprreciate, this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just heard from EY after my tests (strengths and the ones after) they said i progress to next stage. Anyone know what this is?

for Advisory Consulting Performance Improvement

Hey,
Do you get an automatic notification after the strength test telling you to sit the other papers?
I have not got an automatic notification, does that mean I have failed the strength test?
Any news from them?

Nope nothing. Assuming you applied as well? Have you heard anything if so?
Original post by Mathmatician
Hey,
Do you get an automatic notification after the strength test telling you to sit the other papers?
I have not got an automatic notification, does that mean I have failed the strength test?

You should get something within a few days, yes.

My issue is my tests automatically submit my previous score so I have to keep waiting for HR to reset before I take each one. Such a nightmare.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck guys, I've been through this and it was 6 months hard work until I got an offer. Now that I am actually there it's quite tough. Be prepared and know what you are getting yourself into (these 10 weeks are REALLY REALLY tough).

Still wrong.
You're in the "Investment banking internships and work experience" sub section. Consultancy threads are normally made in the main section, which is "Investment banking and consultancy"

You still applying for summer?
Original post by chicheto93
Good luck guys, I've been through this and it was 6 months hard work until I got an offer. Now that I am actually there it's quite tough. Be prepared and know what you are getting yourself into (these 10 weeks are REALLY REALLY tough).

You still applying for summer?

Nah, just feel like "giving back" to the forum. Starting grad this summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will2348
You should get something within a few days, yes.

My issue is my tests automatically submit my previous score so I have to keep waiting for HR to reset before I take each one. Such a nightmare.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks,
If you do bad in the situational test, I assume you are not allowed to sit the other tests?
I got considerable below 340 ucas points (I am applying for the corporate finance) and I missed a 2:1 in the second year.
However I have got a referral so maybe I may get an interview.
What division have you applied to and are you confident?
Original post by Mathmatician
Thanks,
If you do bad in the situational test, I assume you are not allowed to sit the other tests?
I got considerable below 340 ucas points (I am applying for the corporate finance) and I missed a 2:1 in the second year.
However I have got a referral so maybe I may get an interview.
What division have you applied to and are you confident?

Yeah, if you do bad in the Strengths Test then you are rejected.

I actually don't know what the minimum UCAS points thing is but if you got below it without good reason and haven't notified HR of this reason then you are putting yourself at risk of being rejected. The 2.1 issue won't help either.

The referral will help so that is great however HR can just ignore referrals if they want. It really depends who it came from.

I have applied Lead Advisory, Corporate Finance in London and quite honestly, I have no idea what to expect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will2348
Yeah, if you do bad in the Strengths Test then you are rejected.

I actually don't know what the minimum UCAS points thing is but if you got below it without good reason and haven't notified HR of this reason then you are putting yourself at risk of being rejected. The 2.1 issue won't help either.

The referral will help so that is great however HR can just ignore referrals if they want. It really depends who it came from.

I have applied Lead Advisory, Corporate Finance in London and quite honestly, I have no idea what to expect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied to lead advisory as well :smile:
I think it is 340 ucas points.
I dont Hr can ignore referrals. At Ernst young, they have a referral scheme in place because firstly it cuts down time and secondly the employees of a firm are the best judge of who is qualified and studies show apparently referrals are better performers.
The guy who has referred me is a manager and he himself used to work with recruiting so knows the guys who hire people.
If I hear stuff I will let you know
Have you got your first round interview booked with EY yet?

Yeah I have my interview on the 12th! Any thoughts on how to prepare???
Anyones plans for preparing for the EY interview???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending