The Student Room Group

Summer 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know how long JPM take after SJT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone know when Lloyds will open up? :smile:
Original post by 16dan2life
anyone know when Lloyds will open up? :smile:

What division are you going to apply to? I might go for something along the lines of Commercial Products :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How does one pass the RBS SJT? :tongue:
Anyone know how much a graduate at a middle tier financial services firm would get? e.g Mazars and BDO
Original post by will2348
What division are you going to apply to? I might go for something along the lines of Commercial Products :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I've heard that the graduate salary for commercial products is top stuff :biggrin:
I am leaning towards Audit but i am also considering Finance :smile:
Original post by Noble.
I've just done the numerical for DB and had about half of the same questions as I had with the CS numerical...

They shared a few but more just sharing the data with different questions.
Anyone got invited to the GHL AC for FT London?
Have to say, Nomura have a rather impressive looking new website, haha :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1789
Original post by excelmonkey
Anyone got invited to the GHL AC for FT London?

Had my interview last Tuesday. They said invites for the AC will be sent by the end of last week/start of this week. Nothing yet.
Original post by Koro
Had my interview last Tuesday. They said invites for the AC will be sent by the end of last week/start of this week. Nothing yet.

I see, okay keep us updated.
Have to say, Nomura have a rather impressive looking new website, haha :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

By that, you mean it's down right? It's not coming up for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
JPM form makes you fill out some mini essay questions and then gives the option to upload cover letter. Presume its best to do both? Just feel I'm in danger of repeating myself in cover letter.
Original post by economist17
JPM form makes you fill out some mini essay questions and then gives the option to upload cover letter. Presume its best to do both? Just feel I'm in danger of repeating myself in cover letter.

I didn't attach a cover letter, I felt that was pretty much the point of the first motivation question.
Original post by Noble.
I didn't attach a cover letter, I felt that was pretty much the point of the first motivation question.

I didn't notice the option :laugh: but don't think it's necessary; GS cover letter is also only 300 words

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by t00 g00d for u
By that, you mean it's down right? It's not coming up for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, it wasn't sarcasm. Sometimes it doesn't load but when it does, it looks impressive. Think they're putting on the finishing touches to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, it wasn't sarcasm. Sometimes it doesn't load but when it does, it looks impressive. Think they're putting on the finishing touches to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just checked it out on my computer, looks really good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1797
Just wanted to say to anyone experiencing difficulties with Barclays online tests that you should call the number I posted on this thread a few pages back. I called them today and they fixed the issue within 5 minutes!
Hi guys,

I noticed that my stupid spelling corrector (not in English) changed "tongue" to "tounge". I sent two applications with this mistake on the cv...damned it! Do you think my cv will be directly discarded or uni, on-line tests and overall quality of the application are more important? I am enrolled in a master's program in a target uni. Shall I consider to send the cv again? Thanks a lot.
Original post by Curls94
Hi guys,

I noticed that my stupid spelling corrector (not in English) changed "tongue" to "tounge". I sent two applications with this mistake on the cv...damned it! Do you think my cv will be directly discarded or uni, on-line tests and overall quality of the application are more important? I am enrolled in a master's program in a target uni. Shall I consider to send the cv again? Thanks a lot.

I have the feeling that it is not a huge deal if it is just one typo. Considering that these applications require to write quite a few essays, one typo (or punctuation mistake) is statistical. Then I believe that CVs are generally quickly scanned by the HR, differently from the cover letters and essays, since they contain mostly repetitions of info given in the general form. Resending is useless from my point of view.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending