The Student Room Group

Newcastle United Society Thread III

Scroll to see replies

So nice to come back from rowing race and find Newcastle winning!
Hull truly are terrible though. They've been so bad.
All over 3-0 to Newcastle, bet Steve Bruce wish he did become Newcastle manager now, Hull fans left in their droves way before the end.
[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/06731D31281173316333375729664_3d 006551aab.0.1.429952246730358457 7.mp4?versionId=xdfoEF9WrYUq7NPg o5T1pV5ZU7bWpSiR[/video]
The era of Carver has begun.
Original post by Mackay
The era of Carver has begun.

Hopefully it won't last long the man is way too hot tempered for me
Original post by KingGoonIan
Hopefully it won't last long

It's Newcastle. I'm sure it won't...
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/glasgow-rangers-bidding-sign-clutch-8561228

Wonder what this could mean in the longer term... Are we going to end up propping up Rangers with our swathes of TV cash?
Original post by scriggy
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/glasgow-rangers-bidding-sign-clutch-8561228

Wonder what this could mean in the longer term... Are we going to end up propping up Rangers with our swathes of TV cash?

That's definitely not allowed.

The SFA are already starting a fight with Ashley for trying to over owning more than 9% of Rangers. The rules don't allow for someone to have a controlling interest of an English and Scottish club. He'd have to sell Newcastle if he wanted to buy Rangers.
You've just loaned Gael Bigi to Rangers interestingly.
Well we have just loaned 5 players to Rangers
Rangers are your new feeder club...
Reply 392
Leaves us with a very bare (Even worse than before) squad.

Effectively ends Remi Streetes career at Toon. He's out of contract in the summer.

I hope they all do well though. They are still suffering the effects of Pardewism.

Santons loan is a joke though. Looks like Newcastle once again forced another player out. Three left backs on the books and once again it's not about ability. Its about who's on the most money. Dummett was never in danger as he's a 'homegrown' player so it was him or Haidiara. Why loan him out though? Surely we can sell?

I hope everyone didn't forget to cancel their season tickets on saturday? (31st Jan) It was the deadline for cancellations.
Original post by Zerforax
That's definitely not allowed.

The SFA are already starting a fight with Ashley for trying to over owning more than 9% of Rangers. The rules don't allow for someone to have a controlling interest of an English and Scottish club. He'd have to sell Newcastle if he wanted to buy Rangers.

Would he really though? I reckon he thinks he can get away with owning both. He already effectively "owns" the majority of their assets as security against the 10 million he gave them which they're never going to be able to pay back.

The SFA will cave eventually when Rangers inevitably run out of money again.
Harry redknapp for you lot? :rofl:
Original post by 53SecondsToGo

Not gonna happen - thank god
Original post by scriggy
Would he really though? I reckon he thinks he can get away with owning both. He already effectively "owns" the majority of their assets as security against the 10 million he gave them which they're never going to be able to pay back.

The SFA will cave eventually when Rangers inevitably run out of money again.

Well there are other investors who are willing so they could pay off the loans to discharge the security.
Original post by 53SecondsToGo

Think 'Arry's done now. Bless him.
Dozens of chances to make it 2-0, it was written that Stoke would equalise in the closing minutes.
Never underestimate Crouchy.

Quick Reply

Latest