The Student Room Group

Newcastle United Society Thread III

Scroll to see replies

Big game tonight. Hoping we put you to bed and come through injury-free to give us some confidence ahead of the weekend's semi-final with Villa.
100% a worse team than the one which went down. We're ****ing atrocious.

The club is dying slowly, but surely, under Ashley. That's if it isn't already dead.
Absolutely dire reflection of this years Premier League that we aren't even in a relegation battle.
Horrible tackle from Sissoko on Lucas. He isn't that sort of player, but it was tough watching that one back tbh. Should have been a straight red.
Original post by Mackay
Horrible tackle from Sissoko on Lucas. He isn't that sort of player, but it was tough watching that one back tbh. Should have been a straight red.

He probably just wanted a few games off tbh. Any player with any shred of ambition should be looking to get out of that club as soon as the window opens. Can easily see them going down next season when that muppet Carver is still in charge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay

He was wound up from the start and looked increasingly frustrated. Remember in the first half when he didn't quite get the ball and angrily lashed it into the stands? Seemed to keep squaring up to people too. The signs were there then that he was going to do something stupid.
Original post by sr90
He probably just wanted a few games off tbh. Any player with any shred of ambition should be looking to get out of that club as soon as the window opens. Can easily see them going down next season when that muppet Carver is still in charge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by scriggy
He was wound up from the start and looked increasingly frustrated. Remember in the first half when he didn't quite get the ball and angrily lashed it into the stands? Seemed to keep squaring up to people too. The signs were there then that he was going to do something stupid.

Fancies a summer move to Ligue 1 I heard.
http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/04/must-read-50-reasons-to-boycott-spurs/

If any of you are still living in Newcastle I hope you're staying away tomorrow, if I was home from uni I most certainly be.

Time to make a stand and prove to Ashley that the fans have finally lost their patience.
It's amazing the Chronicle are so involved with this boycott, considering they led the campaign to get rid of Pardew.

What a good idea that was.
Original post by Mackay
It's amazing the Chronicle are so involved with this boycott, considering they led the campaign to get rid of Pardew.

What a good idea that was.

Pardew left Newcastle. He chose to go. He's now getting considerably better pay at a smaller club. He wasn't sacked, lets not forget that.

However, was the attempt to make Pardew leave a good idea? Yes.

The stats speak for themselves about Pardew's tenure at Newcastle, and you'll find very few genuine Newcastle fans who wanted him to stay. The people who claim Pardew was doing a fine job are those fans who are uneducated on the situation. It's the Newcastle fans who watched us play, terrible, negative football week in, week out, and had to listen to him lie over and over. Yet we're dubbed as foolish by other fans and the media because he's had a decent half season with Palace? Ridiculous.

Yes we're worse off now without him, but that isn't because he's a good manager. That's because while Pardew needed to go, Ashley needs to go more. I don't think any Newcastle fans genuinely believed Ashley was so unambitious that he'd appoint Carver as Pardew's successor.

We were heavily linked with some decent names for replacing Pardew, all of whom would do a much better job than Pardew did.

Also, why shouldn't the Chronicle report on the boycott exactly? It's news.
Janmaat did an interview saying 'we aren't on holiday yet', and he was literally wearing swimming shorts.
I think people will find it will all unravel rather quickly for Pardew and Palace next season. I'll be surprised if he's still there in 12 months time.
Stadium is the emptiest I've ever seen it, surprised the boycott worked at all.

Also, fans going to the game to 'support the team' yet booing us off at halftime... Could have protested by staying away, have a lot more effect than a few boos

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also it's happened again hahaha, 22 seconds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I honestly don't think Newcastle will pick up another point this season.

Whats the Premier League record for consecutive defeats?
Original post by sr90
I honestly don't think Newcastle will pick up another point this season.

Whats the Premier League record for consecutive defeats?

No neither do I. Not sure what it is but if it's achievable we'll break.

We should be lucky and stay up even without getting another point, but this team is championship quality. Look at that bench today man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like Newcastle but not gonna lie. find it very amusing to see the geordies trying to square Pardew and his job at Palace
Original post by Zürich
Like Newcastle but not gonna lie. find it very amusing to see the geordies trying to square Pardew and his job at Palace

No Newcastle fan has said Pardew isn't doing a good job at Palace. Plenty have said that half a season doesn't make him a good manager and that is true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Conzy210
No neither do I. Not sure what it is but if it's achievable we'll break.

We should be lucky and stay up even without getting another point, but this team is championship quality. Look at that bench today man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's be honest that bench is L1 standard. Need to sign at least 10 players this summer imo.

Ashley is a very successful businessman but you can't apply that logic to football. It was the same with Lord Sugar and Spurs.
I draw a lot of similarities between Leeds & Newcastle. Large one club city with passionate fans, top stadium, being **** on by their owner and off the pitch headlines.

I've always liked Newcastle, hope they improve but I see them being locked into mid-lower Prem just being milked by Cashley.

Quick Reply

Latest