The Student Room Group

Best book you've ever read?

Scroll to see replies

It depends if you mean 'best' or really 'favourite'.
My subjective favourite book is 'A Walk in the Woods' by Bill Bryson.
If I'm being objective, the best book I've read is either Catcher in the Rye or To Kill a Mockingbird.
Reply 21
How Green was my Valley by Richard Llewlleyn
Ender's Game.
The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak (at the moment at least)
Reply 24
Another Bull**** Night in Suck City by Nick Flynn. It's a completely flawless piece of work.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think that my favourite book that I have ever read would be The Miseducation of Cameron Post. I don't really know why, I just really enjoyed it and found it hugely relatable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To kill a mocking bird, Harper Lee. (if there was anything to make me consider law)
Brighton rock by Graham Greene is also pretty good.
(edited 9 years ago)
The Wolf of Wall Street, brilliant book, if you watched the movie I'd suggest giving it a read, theirs a lot that they did not include in the feature length.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
Forever and always
Book called name all the animals by Alison Smith, Its autobiographical. One of those I just picked up out of the library and absolutely loved.
---
(edited 9 years ago)
My favourite book is and the mountains echoed by khaled Hussein. He also wrote a thousand splendid sun's and the kite runner.
Exodus by Julie Bertagna.
(edited 9 years ago)
The city of dreaming books (orig: Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher) by Walter Moers
Strong fave that has stood out this summer for me is The Kite Runner.
1984 by George Orwell. Blew my 15 year old mind.
Casper the commuting cat
That's damn difficult to say - and the more you've read, the more difficult it gets :biggrin:

I tend to say Love In The Time Of Cholera by Gabriel García Marquez, close contenders being My War Gone By, I Miss It So by Anthony Loyd, The Pianist by Władysław Szpilman and The Hobbit :smile:
My long-standing personal favourites are The Phantom Tollbooth and Wuthering Heights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Before I Go to Sleep - SJ Watson
No Time for Goodbye - Linwood Barclay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending