The Student Room Group

Help! Choosing between course and university

What would you choose?
Msc project management/ sustainability and management at Royal holloway or
msc gender, development and globalisation at Lse.

why?

I like lse but i dont know what the course offers with regards to career prospects other than NGO :confused:
Think calmly and carefully about the real differences between the two courses : how important is the gender aspect of the LSE course for instance? Its the course content that will keep you enthused and excited over the next year, and give you the impetus for a good dissertation. If you are only half-interested in the material, its the wrong course, and a waste of time. Look at the descriptions for all the optional modules and think about which ones you will probbaly choose.

The first course (RHUL) sounds more practical - a good fit for someone intending to work with an NGO on the ground. The other course (LSE) looks more theoretical/academic - more suitable for someone looking for a solid academic foundation as a starting point for a subsequent PhD or academic career. What do you intend to do with this MSc - ie. why are you doing postgrad at all?

Its this that you need to think about - not the brand name of the University, which once you get to postgrad level does not have the same 'yours is better than mine' one-upmanship that it had at undergrad level. Both RHUL and LSE are obviously good Unis with academic clout - its the course focus that will make the difference to your future career plans/potential, not the name of the Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending