The Student Room Group

working for NHS with a criminal record..

Im not asking for myself as my ship has sailed as I've been to prison BUT my friend once recieved a reprimand from the police about 8years ago for possession of an offensive weapon..(a baseball bat) he wants to become a nursing assistant as he wants a job helping people... how much will this hinder him? hes a great guy who says he doesnt care about money he just wants to help people for a living as job satisfaction is a big part for him, he currently works in the security industry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Ana81
Im not asking for myself as my ship has sailed as I've been to prison BUT my friend once recieved a reprimand from the police about 8years ago for possession of an offensive weapon..(a baseball bat) he wants to become a nursing assistant as he wants a job helping people... how much will this hinder him? hes a great guy who says he doesnt care about money he just wants to help people for a living as job satisfaction is a big part for him, he currently works in the security industry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was a foolish teenager when I was arrested and charged with fraud and theft (I was 17 at the time). 8 years later in 2004 I applied for a position within the NHS. I was honest and open on my application form and during an interview, and to my surprise was offered the job. I had to come in and explain to the senior management and a representative from the HR dept that it was in my mis-spent youth and I had not had any runs ins with the law since. I am still employed in the same job. I think it just depends how the individual trust looks at it, what the offence was for, and if you have been in trouble since. If it was a caution I wouldn't have thought it would make any negative impact on his application. I wish your friend good luck :-)
I have a criminal record on shame marriage which lead to me being imprison for 22months. 5years ago and now am applying for a job in NHS will I get the job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending