The Student Room Group

Best centre back and fullback in the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
He's the best RB in the Premier League but he's no Lahm is he.

Who would you put at second?
Reply 21
Silva and Lahm.
Silva Lahm pretty much.

Agree with Tom that Zabaleta is underrated.
Reply 23
Original post by little_tom
Or maybe Scolari was just a ****ing idiot?

Scolari only lost two games with Brazil and is a good manager.

I'd say you're the idiot :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Ramos and Lahm.

Honourable mentions to T. Silva and Marcelo.
Original post by xmertic
Scolari only lost two games with Brazil and is one of the best managers in the game at this moment in the time.

Brazil hadn't lost at home competetively in 40 years. They lost 7-1 and you think Scolari is one of the best managers at the moment?

Are you high?
Original post by xmertic
Scolari only lost two games with Brazil and is one of the best managers in the game at this moment in the time.

lol you don't know much about football do you
Reply 27
Original post by alexmufc1995
Brazil hadn't lost at home competetively in 40 years. They lost 7-1 and you think Scolari is one of the best managers at the moment?

Are you high?

He's certainly up there, his record doesn't lie. One 7-1 loss doesn't automatically make a manager terrible.
Reply 28
Original post by Micah Richards
lol you don't know much about football do you

It's a fact that in the WC and WC qualifiers for this years tournament he only lost 2 games, against Germany and the Netherlands... so that's a fact.

Me saying he is a good manager is opinion.
So yes, yes I do.
These threads are just guess work. Why do people do this? You haven't watched every game of every team in every league in every country.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the best posters in the football forum never make these sort of statements?

Sorry to come across as a knob but it has to be said. I see it all the time on here.
Reply 30
Silva and Lahm
Original post by xmertic
It's a fact that in the WC and WC qualifiers for this years tournament he only lost 2 games, against Germany and the Netherlands... so that's a fact.

Me saying he is a good manager is opinion.
So yes, yes I do.

Did you miss the part where Brazil didn't play any WC qualifiers because they got granted automatic qualification?

You really don't know anything :rofl2:
Saying that they do make for good discussions, but I would never come out and make a statement like 'these five players are the best in x position in Europe' like I see people on here doing.
Original post by xmertic
I agree, but he's no Marcelo or Lahm is he? But I'd say he's the BPL's best RB

:lolwut:

Surely Marcelo can't be involved in a discussion involving the best fullback. He can offer very good attacking play but he's a defensive liability,
Reply 34
Did you miss the part where Brazil didn't play any WC qualifiers because they got granted automatic qualification?

You really don't know anything :rofl2:

No, I'm fully aware of the rules and that they needn't bother with qualifiers. I'm just saying, that's what the stat was titled as.
Glad to see so many people agreeing on Lahm and Silva. We really are going through a dry spell with regards to top class defenders though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
No mention of Terry? I'm surprised...he's like 33 yrs old and still managed to be the best CB in the Prem last season. Thiago Silva and Kompany are also really good.

Lahm for full back, no question.
Original post by xmertic

:biggrin:
Original post by Wilfred Little
Saying that they do make for good discussions, but I would never come out and make a statement like 'these five players are the best in x position in Europe' like I see people on here doing.

Nothing wrong with saying 'X' 'Y' and 'Z' are better than their counterparts though. If you watch enough European football to judge, then there should be no reason why you can't make such a statement. For the record, my favourite poster on here has numerous times said 'X' is the best in his position in his country etc.
Nothing wrong with saying 'X' 'Y' and 'Z' are better than their counterparts though. If you watch enough European football to judge, then there should be no reason why you can't make such a statement. For the record, my favourite poster on here has numerous times said 'X' is the best in his position in his country etc.

People actually don't though. You can blatantly tell, and let's be real you would have to watch an insane amount of football to have grounded judgements on so many players, I just can't take it seriously. People are gassed off Football Manager.

I agree with your first sentence though btw.

Quick Reply

Latest