The Student Room Group

starting a new school after home-schooling for 7 months

Right, iv been getting home-schooled for the past 7 months but i'm now going into year 11 and i'm not that good at lessons, but this new school is ran by YPSS and the home-schooling education people, iv only had to start thinking about it today but im getting really stressed out and started to cry.

I have two friends there lydia and jess, and its really hard for me to make friends. The reason i get home-schooled is because i got took out of my old school holy family catholic academy in cleethorpes because the teachers never did what they had to do to help me get good grades.

I just need some advice on weather to go into education or stay home educated? HELP!!

Thank You
Molly walker ^.^
Reply 1
If you struggle with making friends, often the best thing is to be schooled with others. Also, you're likely to get better support structures in place at a school. So I'd recommend moving back into education.
Reply 2
and say this doesnt work out? then what am i suppose to do?
Going into education will help you build up your social skills (e.g. The ability to make friends) which is really important and the main reason most parents send their children into education.
I wouldn't worry about the teachers, most are pretty good if you give them the chance and are willing to learn and ask them questions. If you're really struggling, you can always buy the revision guides and teach yourself the course. My chemistry teacher wasn't great so whenever we learnt something new in lesson I'd go over it using my revision guide at home and also with the myGCSEscience YouTube videos :smile:
Don't stress yourself out too much and go in with an open mind and you should be fine!
Reply 4
Just think, you already have friends at school right? After year 11 you then have sixth form/college, and there you can make even more friends that would know nothing about you....so you have this one year with your two friends potentially three years, and then those 2 years after year 11 to meet new people. Don't worry too much, it mostly won't matter in only a few years, and whatever you choose to do after education will not be effected by how many friends you have! Just try to be friendly (but not over friendly and like a doormat) and find common ground with people, and the friends will come flowing through!

Good Luck, I hope going back to school works for you, it really is the better choice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest