The Student Room Group

Can i apply for NHS tuition fees/bursary before confirming my place?

I'm going through clearing for nursing/maybe ODP and was wondering how long it would take for my application to go through with the courses starting not so long away
Original post by Random254
I'm going through clearing for nursing/maybe ODP and was wondering how long it would take for my application to go through with the courses starting not so long away

Hey, just giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply!

Have you found Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people who've applied for your course/University :smile: :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Random254

If you are just changing university or course through clearing - that is, you already have an application in - then it should not take long. If you are putting in a new application it depends entirely upon your circumstances.

For example, my application took a while because I have an adult and child dependent and had to provide a lot of evidence for them, and the NHS requested additional documentation, but it was relatively painless. I imagine your application will be more straightforward.

On a positive note, the Student Loan Company application for NHS students is very quick because nothing is assessed. That means you are almost guaranteed to have some money coming in in September.

Quick Reply

Latest