The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Best/worst bar on campus?

What do you think is the best/worst bar on campus?

For me, the best is Pendle. Worst is Cartmel.
Original post by AdamLancs
What do you think is the best/worst bar on campus?

For me, the best is Pendle. Worst is Cartmel.

Been a few years since i was there (2!) but furness bar was always the best for me... although it's been made-over recently?

County Oak was always nice, but only because it was near :tongue:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Cartmel was dire, and only in part because it felt like I had to pack a lunch to walk there
Reply 3
Best: Close Choice between Furness (Nice space, good for chilling; also my college bar) and Grad (good range of real cider, nice vibe and a cosy place to sit on a cold winter evening - all it needs is a real log fire!).

Worst: Difficult one, but not a great fan of Pendle I'm afraid - reminds me of a tacky strip joint. I find County a bit bland and can never think of a reason to go up there unless theres some event on. Cartmel is devoid of any atmosphere whatsoever - not helped by the usual lack of human life (but even when there is an event down in Barker House somehow the bar STILL manages to feel soulless).
Reply 4
Aye, Furness is nowhere near as good as it was before the refurbishment. The interior is really dull and it has just turned into a generic campus bar now, sadly. I can see what you mean about County, it's only useful for it's breakfasts! I suppose Pendle could do with a refurb, but it has a great space, DJ booth, nice-sized bar, and plenty of seats.

Totally forgot about Grad, it really is a hidden gem on campus and I never went there until 3rd term of 2nd year! Great social space, good beers, just a shame the pool table isn't in there!
Reply 5
Cartmel's not that bad! It's more of a pub/restaurant style thing than a bar though. The food's nice.
Pendle is probably the worst. Fylde is my personal favourite but that's mainly because they show Sky Sports, also have pretty decent food.
Reply 7
Controversially, i'm not gunna slate cartmel, becaue the food thier is fantastic for the price point!

However my favorite has to be Trevor, because the atmosphere is real nice. Personally i think the worst is county because the seating space is naff despite that huge room. Also county dinner has changed hands :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending