The Student Room Group

Need some information, advice

:confused: Hi! I was accepted for the MSc in Accounting and Finance but I will have to pay for all the costs (tuition and living expenses); so I´m trying to find out if it´s worth it.
Does anybody know what kind of job could I find in Europe after finishing the course? and $ p/a? (I´m not an EU national)
I´m from Central America and I hardly believe that anybody would me pay enough money to pay for my course if i come back to my country after my master degree.
Reply 1
Which university?
Reply 2
I´m sorry I missed that. It´s LSE
Reply 3
You could get a job in finance. Graduate starting salaries are around $55,000-60,000 (before deductions) at current exchange rates.
Reply 4
Is that enough money to live relatively well even in the city?
How much will be deducted from those 55,000?
Do you think one can find the job straight coming out of school or even before finishing, or should one have a lot of pacience?
Reply 5
After deductions around $42,000. In London, you can get by on those salaries. Note that if you manage to get a job with a well known global brand (e.g. JP Morgan, UBS etc) your wages will start to increase quite substantially after initial training.

City jobs are very, very, very competitive and there are no guarantees about anything. Howevever, if all goes well you could apply this December and have a job offer by next April/May! You would need to negotiate the various stages of selection and assessment first though.

Latest

Trending

Trending