The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
timbuck2
are there many? or is there only 1?

any1 recommend one..... or have idea what monthly cost is likely to be

also how far from uni of leicester halls?

cheers guys
ant

The Uni of Leicester has its own gyms - one near the catered halls in Oadby and one on the Uni campus. You pay for a sportscard which covers insurance and stuff for the whole year (also covers insurance for sports clubs etc) and you can use the gym as much as you like.

I think the cost is about £50? Don't quote me on that, though. 99% sure it's not more than that.

The gym in Oadby is right next to GM/New Hall and about a 5-10min walk from Digby and Beaumont
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah its £50 as far as I remember. Do we have to buy a new sports card next year, theres no expiry date on mine or anything. Its good though, buy the sportscard and use all the facilities for free, great for tennis in summer.

edit: sweet another leeds person well im sorta leedsish :tongue:
Reply 3
I have a gym right outside my uni halls hehe and have been told its £40 for the year (for dmu students :p: )
Reply 4
hey thanks guys :biggrin:

im currently paying £45 a month at virgin - but the facilities are nice...

what are the uni gym's like?

have swimming pools /saunas or just basic stuff?
Reply 5
One of the worst things about it is that theres no pool there, though they are planning to build one. There is a pool within 5 - 10 mins walk of the Oadby halls though I've never been to it so I don't know what it's like. Aparently the Gym on campus has recently been done up , so its nice now. Then again I dont really know I never went to the gym either. Dammit I need to do more exercise :frown:
Tomber
Yeah its £50 as far as I remember. Do we have to buy a new sports card next year, theres no expiry date on mine or anything. Its good though, buy the sportscard and use all the facilities for free, great for tennis in summer.

edit: sweet another leeds person well im sorta leedsish :tongue:

I'm from Leeds too, and coming to Leicester this year to do Law. :biggrin:
No pool or sauna but the one in Oadby has most of the 'normal' machines you'd expect - and they're pretty new-looking and up-to date machines and they've got a good number of machines. A nice enough place - no complaints from me. Good quality and all that.

Can't speak for the campus gym - but I've heard it's basically the same sort of thing but smaller.
Not sure on whether Sportscard will cover us for another year... perhaps they'll issue one of a new colour or something; just to catch us out...
Reply 9
Yep the Sportscard changes colour each year I'm afriad...

The gym on campus is pretty grim. Very small, gets very busy during the day and therefore very hot and sweaty! Best time to go is first thing in the morning (ie. when its just been cleaned!) Stick with the main gym at Manor Road if your living at halls in Oadby.

There's a Cannons on the main uni site, which is lovely, albeit a bit pricey. Has a swimming pool, sauna, steam room and loads of equipment. Classes are good too. There is usually a student offer at the start of each academic year - 12 weeks membership for £99.

Latest

Trending

Trending