The Student Room Group

AS Level Literature Exam Results - I got a U???

Hi :smile:

So yesterday I collected my AS Level results and it turns out I got a D overall. The exam board was AQA and it was English Literature B.

I got a B in the coursework (2 essays on comedy genres - mine were on The Importance of Being Earnest and Twelfth Night) and was really disappointed with my exam grade which was a U. :confused::frown:

The exam was Aspects Of Narrative and my texts were The Great Gatsby and Enduring Love and the 2 poets were W.H. Auden and Christina Rossetti.

Okay English Literature isn't my strongest subject and I don't really enjoy it but never in a million years would I ever predict myself to get a U in the exam??????????????

So I just wanted to ask how everyone else did, any unexpected grades? Just for AQA English Literature B please! :smile:
Original post by danmynett
Hi :smile:

So yesterday I collected my AS Level results and it turns out I got a D overall. The exam board was AQA and it was English Literature B.

I got a B in the coursework (2 essays on comedy genres - mine were on The Importance of Being Earnest and Twelfth Night) and was really disappointed with my exam grade which was a U. :confused::frown:

The exam was Aspects Of Narrative and my texts were The Great Gatsby and Enduring Love and the 2 poets were W.H. Auden and Christina Rossetti.

Okay English Literature isn't my strongest subject and I don't really enjoy it but never in a million years would I ever predict myself to get a U in the exam??????????????

So I just wanted to ask how everyone else did, any unexpected grades? Just for AQA English Literature B please! :smile:

My whole college and it would seem a lot of other people had this problem:frown:
But dont worry its not just you not a single person out of about 60 got higher than a C (most got Es and Ds) in my college and Ive looked all over the internet and seems everyone with AQA is in the same position as you:smile:
So hopefully your college will appeal as I know some are or maybe AQA will explain what happened. Good luck hope it works out for us all :rolleyes:
Reply 2
AQA English Literature is a notorious subject. I know this from experience. I got an A in my Coursework and I got a D in the same exam you did. You either pay for a remark or you redo the exam again. Also, your result might mean that you had a harsh exam marker. I re took the exam again and worked really hard; I got a B.
Reply 3
I did LITA1A and a decent/steady A for coursework but ended up getting U in the exam so I'm in the same position. I would never let myself get a U in any of my subjects and Lit being one of my favourite and strongest I have no idea what on earth happened yesterday. When I saw the U I could probably swear the whole world froze before my eyes.

I'm planning to get a script of my paper or get it remarked as most of my other friends for Es and Us too. Ugh so disheartening to see all my efforts go to waste :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending