The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE accepted me, was it a mistake?

So, I applied for Accounting & Finance at LSE, and like most of their courses, I was accepted with a conditional offer of AAA.

On results day, I checked ucas to see that I had been accepted, only to find that I achieved AAB, in my a-levels, narrowly missing the third A.

LSE's website states that they always have high competition for their spots, so what made them accept me? 0.o

PS: I'm really hoping it's just that they liked my personal statement :biggrin:
No mistake. Go celebrate. LSE Admissions have already invested a lot of time and effort to identify their best possible candidates, and it is most probable that they rather have you than just anyone else out there who may have better grades but not in terms of their other criteria. So, stop putting yourself down. Go celebrate.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
A&F at LSE is for superstars so if you have a place then I wouldn't go asking them as they might take it away.

It's possible they really liked you in the interviews and I'm guessing they know what they are doing.
Reply 3
Thanks for the messages, I celebrated beforehand anyway, but will do even more now :biggrin:

Another question, is it weird that I wasn't given any interviews? I was straight up accepted in February
no, LSE does not interview. You must have impressed them to be offered a place that early. Are you an international?
Reply 5
Original post by Protagoras
A&F at LSE is for superstars

No
Reply 6
Nope, I'm a UK student. I did get my application in quite early though. I look forward to seeing everyone in late September then :smile:
Reply 7
because the government has invested in 30,000 extra spaces and theres a rule that if a candidate has ABB plus most unis can accept as many as they like :smile:
Original post by El-Zaiba
So, I applied for Accounting & Finance at LSE, and like most of their courses, I was accepted with a conditional offer of AAA.

On results day, I checked ucas to see that I had been accepted, only to find that I achieved AAB, in my a-levels, narrowly missing the third A.

LSE's website states that they always have high competition for their spots, so what made them accept me? 0.o

PS: I'm really hoping it's just that they liked my personal statement :biggrin:

Congratulations! You are in.
Don't worry about it, my sister was meant to get A*AA to do law but ended up with A*AB and UCAS told her she'd got in. Don't stress, celebrate, you're going to LSE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending