The Student Room Group

Audit Move!

Hey guys,

I realise this topic is discussed quite often but I'd like advice on my particular situation.

I got BBB at A-Level (300 UCAS points) but I managed to get into a Russell Target Group Uni (Warwick) and I'm doing a Masters in Engineering, on course for either a high 2.1 or a first.

I've applied to Audit at EY and Deloitte for summer internships. Got a straight rej from Deloitte and I've got an EY Assessment Centre coming up soon.

I'm also currently applying to other firms for internships. I think I may apply to Management consulting primarily (at places like BDO, Grant thornton, Oliver Wyman etc.) but apply for TSA at PwC (as they explicitly say requirements for consulting are higher.

What are the chances of me getting completely rejected at the screening process for management consulting firms (I've got work experience in management consulting as well and decent extra-curriculars).

If let's say I manage to get EY Audit and don't get anything else better, what are the chances of me potentially moving into something like Corporate Finance or Management consulting for a grad scheme IF I perform EXTREMELY well during the internship and manage to network a little here and there (not sure how easy it would be to chat with people in different departments).

Any advice or opinions would be really helpful. Thanks a lot guys!

Luigi
Reply 1
Original post by a.luigi
Hey guys,

I realise this topic is discussed quite often but I'd like advice on my particular situation.

I got BBB at A-Level (300 UCAS points) but I managed to get into a Russell Target Group Uni (Warwick) and I'm doing a Masters in Engineering, on course for either a high 2.1 or a first.

I've applied to Audit at EY and Deloitte for summer internships. Got a straight rej from Deloitte and I've got an EY Assessment Centre coming up soon.

I'm also currently applying to other firms for internships. I think I may apply to Management consulting primarily (at places like BDO, Grant thornton, Oliver Wyman etc.) but apply for TSA at PwC (as they explicitly say requirements for consulting are higher.

What are the chances of me getting completely rejected at the screening process for management consulting firms (I've got work experience in management consulting as well and decent extra-curriculars).

If let's say I manage to get EY Audit and don't get anything else better, what are the chances of me potentially moving into something like Corporate Finance or Management consulting for a grad scheme IF I perform EXTREMELY well during the internship and manage to network a little here and there (not sure how easy it would be to chat with people in different departments).

Any advice or opinions would be really helpful. Thanks a lot guys!

Luigi

300 UCAS makes it tough as many will just auto-filter.

Networking may help, but networking from EY audit to EY consulting isn't exactly easy.

Ultimately if you don't get a consulting internship then any experience is still good experience, so go for it and see what happens :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending