The Student Room Group

Undecided on where to go for college and the choices available

Hi!
I really want to be a geography teacher when I'm older and at my local sixth form I would take Geography, Politics and Sociology and for my 4th option I really don't know but it would probably be Law.
at a sixth form in another town which is in reasonable distance, although getting two buses, would take me about 1h 10 minutes travelling which isn't too bad considering it would take me that long to walk to my local one.
at this sixth form they provide geology which I really feel like I'm interested and I feel it would benefit my university application as it's classed as a science and I wouldn't be doing any science options, and most geography degrees are bachelor of sciences.. But my mum thinks it's a bad idea travelling and everything just for a a level course but my dad thinks it's up to me.
the fact I would be leaving my friends wouldn't bother me too much as I could still see them at weekends and even evenings plus I would make new friends and the idea of that doesn't scare me too much.
i would do geography, geology, politics and sociology at this sixth form but I was just wondering what all of your options are and what you think I should do as I need to decide by tomorrow.
thank you
I would advise you to go to the college that will offer you the courses you enjoy the most and will do best at (for now and to benefit you in the future). As long as you enjoy and feel comfortable in doing your courses and the sixth form you choose, that's the main thing. If friends or travelling aren't an issue, go where you really want to go and will be successful in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending