The Student Room Group

ICT

Hello, I'm just going into sixth forum, and I am debating on wether to do ICT or not. Could someone please give me a more of an insight in what it involves and wether it is a hard subject or not?
I don't do ICT, and must concede to being horrendously biased against the subject, but from what I've heard:

- It's quite like GCSE ICT is (probably even standard non-examined ICT if you didn't do GCSE).
- The content is generally uninteresting stuff like spreadsheets, databases and simple networking.
- The course is slanted towards writing up coursework, aka just endlessly waffling into a report file.
- The exams are largely just boring, time-consuming memorization tests.
- It's not difficult, just tedious.
- It's also not especially well respected by universities.
Reply 2
Haha okay thank you.

So taking it into consideration by therefore doing ICT in sixth forum, I am highly considering going into university, but going into something like midwifery or something along those lines. I know you don't exactly need ICT for a career like that, so just doing it to gain another Qualification at the end of it would it be worth that?
Reply 3
I do it and it's basically what Indivicivet said. Not hard at all, just writing up page, upon page, upon page of bull**** about spreadsheets and stuff.
Reply 4
Haha okay. thank you for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending