The Student Room Group

Why is it better to be an asian female, rather than an asian male?

See I recently completed my A-levels and got into uni, which got me thinking.. what if I didn't do well and I didn't get into uni? As an asian male I'd be stranded.. unemployable like many others I see about my area..
But if I was an asian female i could become a self proclaimed pro makeup or henna artist with relative ease.. Also the pressure would be far less as females in MOST asian households aren't under as much pressure as men to get a job and generate income, so being an unemployed asian female would not be anything irregular, and i may essentially just wait to become a married housewife in which case my academic shprtcomings would be irrelevant
Reply 1
Didn't you just answer your own question or am I missing something here?
Reply 2
Nah but for the girl she'd have to be good looking and cook well to get a good husband, so it ain't all easy boi
Reply 3
Asians have double standards for females too. Males can so easily get away with anything and everything deemed wrong yet girls would be shamed and shunned.

You could've always become self-employed like many Asians are... :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Tpos
Asians have double standards for females too. Males can so easily get away with anything and everything deemed wrong yet girls would be shamed and shunned.

You could've always become self-employed like many Asians are... :tongue:

What skill would an average asian male possess that would enable them to become self employed? They don't have any money to set up their own businesses... so they resort to dreamchasing schemes like Vemma and ACN..
Women on the other hand can set up their own businesses much more easily, I see lots and lots of independent makeup and henna artists and even some in asian clothing sales

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Moksud
What skill would an average asian male possess that would enable them to become self employed? They don't have any money to set up their own businesses... so they resort to dreamchasing schemes like Vemma and ACN..
Women on the other hand can set up their own businesses much more easily, I see lots and lots of independent makeup and henna artists and even some in asian clothing sales

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would be your job to acquire skills in some other way even if you didn't go to uni. Not everyone goes to uni before getting a job you know! It might be hard these days but not impossible.
Reply 6
Original post by WinOrDie
Nah but for the girl she'd have to be good looking and cook well to get a good husband, so it ain't all easy boi

You'd be surprised my friend... I bet theres some hopeless cooks and some unattractive females whove been arranged into some neat well off households..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Moksud

But if I was an asian female i could become a self proclaimed pro makeup or henna artist with relative ease..
Also the pressure would be far less as females in MOST asian households aren't under as much pressure as men to get a job and generate income, so being an unemployed asian female would not be anything irregular, and i may essentially just wait to become a married housewife in which case my academic shprtcomings would be irrelevant

You'd call that a successful life?
Reply 8
Original post by Tpos
It would be your job to acquire skills in some other way even if you didn't go to uni. Not everyone goes to uni before getting a job you know! It might be hard these days but not impossible.

Aha I know that! A job is doable I myself have worked as a waiter in a few restaurants before and I've seen many before me do the same and after a few years set up their own business with mixed results, but as a female you wouldn't be expected by asian culture to go out and do the same thing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Another
You'd call that a successful life?

Not at all, I was merely contemplating possible scenarios of an asian woman who may have failed academically and gone down different routes..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Moksud
Aha I know that! A job is doable I myself have worked as a waiter in a few restaurants before and I've seen many before me do the same and after a few years set up their own business with mixed results, but as a female you wouldn't be expected by asian culture to go out and do the same thing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is life...
In Asian culture men and women have different roles, you may feel pressured to get a good job and income but females are pressured into being good daughters, wives and mothers - it's not as easy as you make it sound, I assure you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Moksud
Not at all, I was merely contemplating possible scenarios of an asian woman who may have failed academically and gone down different routes..

Posted from TSR Mobile

And as a guy, you can quite easily go down the manual labour path.

It's not anything to aspire to, and certainly nothing to be envious about. It's like being jealous of people who are able to sit on their asses all day on benefits... who cares, when you're destined for greater things?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi Moksud,You seem to be in touch with your feminine side nothing wrong in that,You could try to be a male henna artist or a male make-up artist the choice is your's my friend do what thou wilt:rofl:
Reply 13
I hear it's a lot easier for Asian men to bend the rules with dating and that then it is Asian women though
Reply 14
Original post by incognito.j2
Hi Moksud,You seem to be in touch with your feminine side nothing wrong in that,You could try to be a male henna artist or a male make-up artist the choice is your's my friend do what thou wilt:rofl:

Looooooool who's the one stalking now fgs!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending