The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
keep on them dude! i know for a fact i was one of the very first clearing applicants (applied at literally 10AM on results day), and ive got a feeling i wont be getting any accomodation any time soon as well :frown:
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 41
This is really frustrating. Brunel was my first choice and i expected to have been given a room a long time ago. I have been ringing the office all day but no answer.
Yesterday i emailed the accommodation office. They replied this evening saying:
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we are currently unable toprovide you with on campus accommodation. As soon as we are able to provide you with an allocation we will contact you by phone.
I replied back:
I cannot understand why there is a problem in allocating me on campus accommodation. I clearly stated on my UCAS application that I did not wish to live at home. I also sent off the accommodation preferences letter. Brunel is my 1st choice meaning I should have been guaranteed accommodation by early September, it says so on your website. I have spent the majority of today trying to phone the accommmodation office but all I got was a busy tone. Even when I was able to connect, nobody answered my call. This has been a severe inconvenience not just for me but for all of the other students in my situation. I hope that this experience does not permanently affect my perception of Brunel University.
Surely Brunel's actions are in breach of advertising standards. They give a guarantee of accommodation knowing that prospective students will think better of the uni for doin so. I cannot believe this is happening.
Reply 42
most clearing students usualy every year do get halls, all ensuite rooms have been taken up, i was told by the lady ova da fone 2day morning, so u lot probarly just get a standard room liek me, its annoying having to share bath room with so many people, the only good thing about a standard room is dat they are much bigger than ensuite
I'm suprised a firm choice applicant is still waiting for allocation since i know several firm and insurance applicants who have been allocated housing a few weeks back.

EDIT: Do the standard rooms have sinks in them?
Reply 44
ye thank god they do have sinks in them, they have a failry large mirro and sink in the room!
Tsharma what room do you have? i'm stuck in chepstow, and i'm worried i'll be stuck in a room on the top floor (possibly because i'm in staircase M) with no mirror!

and i read in the regulations booklet that if you have no sink in your room, you're charged £1 less on your weekly rent...aren't they generous...!!

Oh, and when i called up y-day they told me that if i swap from a standard room to an ensuite room for medical reasons then it's free of charge - they won't charge the £25 room swap fee since its their fault so yay!
i was placed in chepstow, but my preference was an ensuite and they got my results before the Alevel result as i done a BTEC course, because of this i didnt stop callin dem i bugged dem so much and i was told the same thing, if i have medical reasons i would be able to change, i spoke to the disability office and they changed it for me, mite not be the same for everyone as i do have a minor disability and the fact that i done this a few weeks back, but give it a go, got nuffin 2 loose.
Reply 47
im in chepstow aswel! im gorund florr and in block J so im assuming u are top floor, they dont even have a lift, i have a medical condtion i had doctors note and everything, they rang me them selve to appoliges their are no ensuite rooms available.
thats kinda messed up, if only it was sorted long ago wen der was rooms left, but what they sed to me was that in october they mite b able to move people round cos some people move out and stuff, but dat costs £25...
there's no room swap fee if it's on medical grounds according to the disability service, and the accomm office confirmed that for me later (when i eventually got through!)

i've got a doctor's note as well, but i didn't give it in and classify myself as a student with a disability (because i didn't even get diagnosed until after exams and therefore after i'd already applied through ucas to my choices) so i'm going to have to make do with being top of the waiting list for an ensuite - joint-top with tsharma that is!
Reply 50
loll yee!!! have they sed thye will put u on a waiting list? or do we have to do dat aswell?
they told me i'm top of the waiting list yday but just to be on the safe side i'll be paying the accommodation office a lot of visits in the first week to make sure they're actually working! i'll be pretty miffed if it's all talk and no kicking people out of ensuites!
Reply 52
are you sure all the en-suites arent taken yet? I was told that they haven't allocated the brand-new flats that werent finished until this week yet!
Reply 53
are you serious???? did the accomadation office people tell u dat?
Tsharma are you a clearing applicant?
Reply 55
yes i am! i have been allocated a standard room even though i have a medical condition n need a ensuite. they sed all ensuite are taken, they didnt mention anything about the new building.
Dammit Brunel seriously need to sort this out. I hope the accommodation department is the only one which is this disorganised :angry:
same here - i called up about a week ago and changed my preference from mill hall to the lancaster complex (new ensuites) but on the next day when i called up again i found out that i'd been given chepstow. they told me that all the ensuites had been taken up when i picked a bone about my medical condition but it wouldn't have been possible to allocate every room in all those new halls in the space of a day or two!
Reply 58
i got ensuite! mwahahahhaa... i had to wait to this tuesday to get that room alright... i had to brag
Reply 59
I don't see why so many people don't like standard rooms. I can totally understand if you have a medical condition, but other than that I don't get it. The bathrooms and toilets get thoroughly cleaned every weekday (and I must say, the cleaners are top-notch), the lack of bathroom in your room means your room is much bigger and of course, there's the fact that your room will be about £15-20 cheaper per week! If I was allocated ensuite last year, I'd have been churning up a storm.

Latest

Trending

Trending