The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Social Scene?

Everywhere I seem to read, I get the impression that Imperial has a very poor social scene compared to other unis. I even looked at the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey and it has one of the lowest scores for 'social life/community atmosphere'.

Why is this??? I'm going there next year and this is worrying me.

My current hypothesis is that people with the INTP, INTJ and ENTP personality types are particulary attracted towards study of STEM subjects, hence Imperial would have a large proportion of these types of people. I myself am an INTP and in school I wasn't the most social/popular or outgoing of the bunch, reason being: I love talking about ideas and stuff (not only related to science) and most people in school just went on and on and on about who's going out with who or who said what to who, etc. I had about 2 or 3 friends who loved talking about ideas, and disliked the common smalltalk/chitchat.

Since Imperial has more of these types of people, doesn't it mean they should be more social than they were in high school

N.B: The reclusive math genius stereotype is outdated and perhaps only applies to like the scary smart: International Math Olympiad competitor with 160+ IQ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending