The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have never asked anyone out via text but then again I have never really asked anyone out in that sense. Usually what happens is we will be hugging then a kiss on the cheek and then next thing i know we are properly kissing...

I do understand exactly why your considering it though, as it is so much easier. But my advise is try it face-to-face. If she says yes you get that time with her and it will be so much better. If she does say no it will probably be a bit harder, but its also harder for her to say no... and if she does say no dont get knocked down to low. Just get back up again, its only a girl after all :P (he says having not been single for 3 years :s-smilie:)
Well I sent a few texts asking her out when I was drunk, and I think she knew i wasn't sober.

I've know spoken to her in person while not drunk(sort of), and I'm meeting her 2moro!
Ok I was drunk when I asked her out this time in person. But it worked. Well I think it did, I'll see her 2moro anyway!
As a girl, I think it's fine. it's the 21st century, use technology to your advantage! Also, if someone asks me out to my face i can feel bad about saying no, and maybe say yes when i didn't want to, so i'd probably be more honest with a text.

So actually, whilst i'm sure you wouldn't want to guilt trip her into saying yes, asking out in person could benefit you.

But yeah, text is good. Also you can plan what to say and come across really witty and can win her over with planned charmed! Rather than fuffing it up and saying things you'll regret later. And if you're REALLY lame, if she says no, you can pretend you were drunk/someone else did it etc etc. But that's only if she you're really lame and if she says no.

Wait! If you've known the person a while/are friends, you have to ask them out in person, because otherwise they might think it's a joke. Only use the text method if you don't know them so well and are a bit shy about asking to face.

Am actually quite confused now, but hopefully you get the idea
Reply 24
pelocin
As a girl, I think it's fine. it's the 21st century, use technology to your advantage! Also, if someone asks me out to my face i can feel bad about saying no, and maybe say yes when i didn't want to, so i'd probably be more honest with a text.

So actually, whilst i'm sure you wouldn't want to guilt trip her into saying yes, asking out in person could benefit you.

But yeah, text is good. Also you can plan what to say and come across really witty and can win her over with planned charmed! Rather than fuffing it up and saying things you'll regret later. And if you're REALLY lame, if she says no, you can pretend you were drunk/someone else did it etc etc. But that's only if she you're really lame and if she says no.

Wait! If you've known the person a while/are friends, you have to ask them out in person, because otherwise they might think it's a joke. Only use the text method if you don't know them so well and are a bit shy about asking to face.

Am actually quite confused now, but hopefully you get the idea

It's all well and good to say that, but a lot of women respect having the balls to ask them out to their face, and doing so would no doubt elicit a different response than asking them out by text.
Yes, you make a good point. And if you're actually a decent person (unlike the wimpy b**ch i am), you probably would appreciate a direct approach. But any way, being asked out always makes a person feel good, so either way can work. I'm thinking being asked out over the phone is not such a good idea though. Because you can't properly feel the situation from the otherside, and it can be embarrassing for both parties if the other person isn't interested (awkward silences, an inability to leave the conversation without being rude). But that's kinda relevant to the topic, i guess.

Latest

Trending

Trending