The Student Room Group

Will i get an offer for Law at these universities?

I got ABB at AS level and I have been predicted A*AA at A-level and i''m currently doing the Extended project qualification.I would like to apply for law at Bristol university(A*AB or AAA), KCL(A*AA), QMUL(A*AA), Birmingham(AAA) and University of Southhampton(AAB).Are my university choices to risky? Do i have a good chance of getting offers from these universities based on my AS results and A-level prediction?
Reply 1
You do meet or exceed the entry requirements for your chosen universities so that's already a tick. Did you do only 3 AS's? If so, they might wonder as to why you didn't keep 4 and you may want to look on their websites if they ask for a 4th AS grade. If not, it's not bad. You just need your personal statement to be 10/10 although I know uni's such as QMUL don't even look at personal statements that much however Kings rely heavily on it and look at what you've done extra curricular wise and how you've tried your best to go into Law. Overall, although the standards are quite high, you should at least interviews from at least 3/5 universities.
Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Salwa_
You do meet or exceed the entry requirements for your chosen universities so that's already a tick. Did you do only 3 AS's? If so, they might wonder as to why you didn't keep 4 and you may want to look on their websites if they ask for a 4th AS grade. If not, it's not bad. You just need your personal statement to be 10/10 although I know uni's such as QMUL don't even look at personal statements that much however Kings rely heavily on it and look at what you've done extra curricular wise and how you've tried your best to go into Law. Overall, although the standards are quite high, you should at least interviews from at least 3/5 universities.
Good luck! :smile:

Thank you!I did do 3 AS's but i thought the extended project could act as a fourth AS.Are you a law student and if yes, at which university?
Reply 3
Some uni's do accept the extended project as a 4th subject, others don't, I advice you to look on their websites asap or call them up if you don't have a clear answer before you do any applying. I'm not haha, I'm applying for pharmacy this year :smile: but I've done a lot of things with a variety of uni's (summer school's etc) and they gave us quite a detailed insight on how admissions work
Original post by Championt1
I got ABB at AS level and I have been predicted A*AA at A-level and i''m currently doing the Extended project qualification.I would like to apply for law at Bristol university(A*AB or AAA), KCL(A*AA), QMUL(A*AA), Birmingham(AAA) and University of Southhampton(AAB).Are my university choices to risky? Do i have a good chance of getting offers from these universities based on my AS results and A-level prediction?

Just as a side note I wouldn't necessarily quote Southampton as asking for AAB. Their official requirements are AAA-AAB and I got my offer today for AAA. What I took it as meaning was if you perhaps missed your offer by a grade on results day, there may be a better chance of you being accepted anyway.

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by georgieooooo
Just as a side note I wouldn't necessarily quote Southampton as asking for AAB. Their official requirements are AAA-AAB and I got my offer today for AAA. What I took it as meaning was if you perhaps missed your offer by a grade on results day, there may be a better chance of you being accepted anyway.

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for that it does help!If you don't mind telling, What are your predicted A-level grades and what did you get at AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for that it does help!If you don't mind telling, What are your predicted A-level grades and what did you get at AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got AABB in maths, chemistry, economics and history respectively. Dropped history and am now predicted A*A*A :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, first year Law student at QMUL here. I was predicted ABB at A-Level, got A*AA and got into Queen Mary through adjustment as it wasn't one of my original 5 choices.

You'll be fine for an offer with QMUL. However The Guardian has improved the QMUL Law degree ranking up to 3rd so they may be tougher next year? As long as your personal statement is good you'll easy get an offer from QMUL at least.
Reply 8
Ok thanks for the info!Thats amazing how you were predicted ABB and got A*AA.How did you do it?Did u get ABB at AS as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok thanks for the info!Thats amazing how you were predicted ABB and got A*AA.How did you do it?Did u get ABB at AS as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

At AS I got ABBD. Probably due to the fact I spent all my time revising maths- which I got the D in haha. At A2 I just re-sat almost everything and worked harder/smarter. Trust me AS is much harder than A2 in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending