The Student Room Group

Part time job at retail stores (student)

I was just wondering the wages and the job requirements for a student to work in a retail store (e.g. Matalan). And how do I apply for a part time job. Personal experiences would be appreciated too. Thanks.
Original post by inshah
I was just wondering the wages and the job requirements for a student to work in a retail store (e.g. Matalan). And how do I apply for a part time job. Personal experiences would be appreciated too. Thanks.

It completely depends on the shop. However most will be minimum wage for your age category. I don't quite understand what you mean by job requirements, it'll tell you on the advert. Usually it's like x amount of years experience or even relevant experience. But I used to just apply to everything back in the day and try and twist my volunteering as a way for it to be relevant to retail. I got my first job through a friend. Which then led to me getting better jobs and working my way up to where I am now whilst I was at uni, however I've graduated now. I highly recommend trying to get a part time job when you're younger as you have more free time and then when it comes to applying for jobs after school and uni you have the experience to back up your qualification.

To apply to jobs go onto individual shops website or take a walk along your high street with your cvs and hand them into shops that are looking for vacancies (usually with a sign in the window) any more questions let me know.
Original post by inshah

For wages, it could either be minimum wage or just over the minimum wage, it depends on the shop/store :redface:
Requirements - it'll say on the advert :biggrin:
For applying, either go into the stores and hand your CV in or apply online :biggrin:
I've been working at the same place for 2 years now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending