The Student Room Group

no passion but i would like to get on gradscheme

Ok so, bar teaching, i dont really care about what job i do after uni so long as it is 9-5 has some promotion prospects (so if i do want some stimulus/change in my life it is a possibility) and pays between 16k to 20k for the first couple of years (i dont want a job with too much responsibility and intend to board at home for a few years anyway)

Grad schemes are around and i feel the pressure to apply but i dont really know where my interest lies. However, i do want to be employed. Any advice on applying for grad schemes where you have no passion for the firm and your only drive is to have some money in your pocket?

Also advice on getting jobs or graduate scheme , where you work hard but you rarely have to take work home/ sacrifice hours/ relatively stable? i dont want to have to sacrifice my weekends on a regular basis.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Any advice on applying for grad schemes where you have no passion for the firm and your only drive is to have some money in your pocket?

Do you know the difference between a graduate scheme and a graduate job? Your parameters are such that you need to look for a graduate job.
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Also advice on getting jobs or graduate scheme , where you work hard but you rarely have to take work home/ sacrifice hours/ relatively stable? i dont want to have to sacrifice my weekends on a regular basis.

I think that's more of a certain industry thing than something uniform across all grad schemes/jobs. From the experience of those I know on grad schemes, they all work very reasonable hours per week (37.5 to 40)... I think your fears of having to regularly sacrifice your weekends are unfounded.
Good spiel, guys good spiel. keep it coming, commentators of the student room

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending