The Student Room Group

Should I ask her out

Been speaking to a girl online for a couple of months. We seemed to hit it off and enjoy speaking with one another. She's going to a uni a while away from me. Would it be creepy to ask her out? How would I do it when we live a good distance from one another?
Reply 1
Make sure you see her a fair bit in the run-up if you genuinely plan to.

If you feel like it, go for it. Be prepared, though.
Reply 2
Original post by Kaiju
Make sure you see her a fair bit in the run-up if you genuinely plan to.

If you feel like it, go for it. Be prepared, though.

We've never met in the flesh... Weve only ever spoken online. Does that mean it would be a no go? Thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
We've never met in the flesh... Weve only ever spoken online. Does that mean it would be a no go? Thanks.

Probably risky business, then.
I mean, people -do- ask each other out from purely online, but whilst at Uni you've gotta be realistic - do you think she likes you as much as you like her? Can you be sure she's not talking to other guys down there? If either answer is no, it's probably not worth risking the friendship.

I've been out with someone from mostly online before but that was different because they actually lived within walking distance. If you haven't met in person at this point and it's unlikely you'll see much of them in the future given the distance it's probably not going to end well. On top of that, if you do meet up, you could end up feeling different towards each other. I have some friends who're great to talk to online but trash in person and vice versa. Unless you already know it works, it's a dangerous game and unlikely to be worth the bother.

This IS just my opinion though. If you feel super strongly about it I'd consider trying to meet up or something.
Original post by Anonymous

Why not arrange to meet up? See how it goes from there.

If she's reluctant to meet up, well I think you have your answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending