The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Current LSE student, ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Heard stories that students from Cambridge are just academic and when they come out they are lost
Is that true? i think so

no offence
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Any Pakistanis or Indians that go to LSE?
Original post by Pimped Butterfly

I am from India and will be doing my Masters this sep .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 203
Butterfly
Loads as most Indians living in the UK apply to top unis
Many negative reviews about Sidney Webb Hall. Do you know anything about it? How big the rooms are? And how is to live with other 6 people sharing the same kitchen?

Thank you.
Reply 205
Original post by OliviaParis
Many negative reviews about Sidney Webb Hall. Do you know anything about it? How big the rooms are? And how is to live with other 6 people sharing the same kitchen?

Really? Where have you seen all these reviews? I have just accepted my offer for Sidney Webb. From what I have seen from the website it looks quite alright. In York (where I currently study) I am sharing a kitchen with 15 people and it works out just fine.

A lot of those questions I want answers too aswell 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi :smile: thanks for so kindly answering our questions. so here's mine: Do u know any fellow LSE students who got accepted despite not meeting the conditions of their offer?
Reply 209
I got a conditional offer to study MSc Politics and Communication for Sept 2015
Can anyone tell me how it the program i.e.. teaching/ program evaluation; plus what are the benefits of graduating from it- i mean career options, opportunities etc
TIA
Is High Holborn considered to be good accommodation?
I've heard its quite a 'sweat' hall where it's not very social and full of cliquey international students, do you know any opinion on this? :O
Thanks!!!
hi thanks for so kindly answering our questions. so here's mine: Do u know any fellow LSE students who got accepted despite not meeting the conditions of their offer?

Yes. Economic History 2013-2016, but it's a less competitive course and happened in the year where the national average A level grades decreased. Don't expect this for most courses in most years.

Is High Holborn considered to be good accommodation?
I've heard its quite a 'sweat' hall where it's not very social and full of cliquey international students, do you know any opinion on this? :O
Thanks!!!

Basically yes - it's expensive and close to campus so it encourages that type, although obviously not all students there are going to fit the stereotype. If you're at LSE to get a good grade/job and not much else then it's the accommodation for you.
(edited 9 years ago)

Plenty
Did you live in London with family before? If so, do regret not going to a uni town outside the bubble?

Do you do social life/sport?

Are all your uni friends/coursemates asian?
Did you live in London with family before? If so, do regret not going to a uni town outside the bubble?

Yes, and no I don't regret it. London is a really awesome place to live and not easy to get tired off. The atmosphere is a lot less 'bubbly' than university towns like Cambridge and Durham, IMO.

Do you do social life/sport?

Yes, I do social life.

Are all your uni friends/coursemates asian?

No, but I don't get why that should be relevant to your university choice.
Reply 215
I am an offer holder for next year but I can't accept my offer until the end of the month, which means I can't be offered accommodation until then. Will the LSE dorms have filled up then? I'd rather not have to end up in the university of London dorms instead
Original post by Bennnnn
I am an offer holder for next year but I can't accept my offer until the end of the month, which means I can't be offered accommodation until then. Will the LSE dorms have filled up then? I'd rather not have to end up in the university of London dorms instead

Why can't you accept your offer?
Original post by Bennnnn

There was a discussion about this on the LSE offer holders FB page. As long as you do not insure LSE, then you should get an accommodation offer in the time they specified. Multiple people have had acommodation offers before they firmed.
What do you think about High Holborn? I heard there are too many Middle Eastern/Indian students there. Is that true?
I'm worried about no having further maths to A2. I'm doing as biology chemistry maths and economics. Next year I will do A2 chemistry, maths, economics and AS Fmaths. I got 12A*s and 1A at gcse. Do you think not having Fmaths will put me at a disadvantage. I want to apply to business maths and statistics and they say 'further maths is highly desirable'. Does this mean I wouldn't get an offer because I won't be doing A2 further maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending