The Student Room Group

Changing Courses and University

I'm currently in my first year studying anthropology in East London but I really do not like the course or the university, and I am highly considering withdrawing and reapplying to a different university to study primary education as I want to be a teacher. I just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with withdrawing from a course at university and/or changing to another uni, how difficult is it and is it a good idea? Oh and also what about the debt I already have? (I am thinking about withdrawing now and not returning to university in January)
Original post by Serin1995
I'm currently in my first year studying anthropology in East London but I really do not like the course or the university, and I am highly considering withdrawing and reapplying to a different university to study primary education as I want to be a teacher. I just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with withdrawing from a course at university and/or changing to another uni, how difficult is it and is it a good idea? Oh and also what about the debt I already have? (I am thinking about withdrawing now and not returning to university in January)

Stick it out i'd say, as if you manage to reach a 2:1 or what ever it is the uni wants from people swapping uni's it shouldn't be too difficult. As to the debt, i think it would still be accountable to you, but not sure . I think it would look better if you carried on with it than withdrawing, as the Uni's might not want to take you because you dropped out of the course previously.

Quick Reply

Latest