The Student Room Group

What's it with women?

Just seems to be the same thing I'm getting all the time from women, (i'm a guy) they eye me up but don't talk to me but then seem to always go off with another man. I mean what us it with this? Why show signs of interest and then go of with someone else! It just seems like sheer torture and torment not to mention completely illogical way to behave, it just not very nice being on the receiving end if this bs to be honest. I mean can't they just decide who they really want straight of and save all this rubbish, I don't know why this is happening?

Scroll to see replies

It's cause we're waiting for you to make the move and initiate the chat because we are too much of a wuss to do it ourselves.
Original post by Anonymous
Just seems to be the same thing I'm getting all the time from women, (i'm a guy) they eye me up but don't talk to me but then seem to always go off with another man. I mean what us it with this? Why show signs of interest and then go of with someone else! It just seems like sheer torture and torment not to mention completely illogical way to behave, it just not very nice being on the receiving end if this bs to be honest. I mean can't they just decide who they really want straight of and save all this rubbish, I don't know why this is happening?

Generally speaking girls won't approach you
Reply 3

They made the first move looking at you so know to have to attack :wink:
Reply 4
Do you mean 'what is it with women?'? It doesn't really work when you shorten the 'what is' in that phrase.
Reply 5
It's hardly a first move nor a particularly easy way to talk to someone if they are really giving you the once over. My main grip is that they off with another bloke (if they are nit already with one and yes I have had this too). I mean if they really were interested in you they would wait and concentrate on you right? i.e finding time to be around you, for you to get used to them, building up to conversation/acquaintance, etc. It just seems insincere for them to go off with some other guy and even then snub you. It's like if they could just decide who they really want and leave the other guy alone to begin with it just seems a very poor way to treat another human being really.
Did you show them interest? Maybe they really did like you, but didn't really know if you liked them and you left them no choice but to get on with it..

Lol that's their first move. Them eyeing you up means you have the go ahead to go talk to them.

God, women make it so easy for you guys.
Reply 8

They cba to ask, that's where you come in. :ahee:
Original post by redeleven
Generally speaking girls won't approach you

If you are good looking or don't put yourself across as desperate they will. Guys who break and feel inclined to message or speak to someone straight away are weak.
Original post by Pseudocode
If you are good looking or don't put yourself across as desperate they will. Guys who break and feel inclined to message or speak to someone straight away are weak.

they're not weak at all. they're honest.
Maybe, just maybe, when women look at you, the result isn't that they fancy you. Or even more controversially, maybe when they look at you it isn't necessarily because they are interested in you.
I don't really care tbh, I've accepted that I'm crap with anyone let alone the opposite gender.

What is it with men?

A girl makes eye contact, smiles, angles her head and shows all the signs of interest...then the guy doesn't come over to talk.

After 20 minutes of doing this she has to go off with her second choice man. Why doesn't the first guy just decide what he wants and make a move or stop the eye flirting? It's just illogical and I don't know why this is happening.
Women today still like a man who displays dominant traits. You approaching them displays confidence and initiative which are both desirable.
Reply 15
Original post by chazwomaq
What is it with men?

A girl makes eye contact, smiles, angles her head and shows all the signs of interest...then the guy doesn't come over to talk.

After 20 minutes of doing this she has to go off with her second choice man. Why doesn't the first guy just decide what he wants and make a move or stop the eye flirting? It's just illogical and I don't know why this is happening.

The thing is though, now more then ever girls like to go on about how annoying it is to be approached, how its equivalent to sexual harrasment, how smiling or staring or angling her head are signs of being a friendly person .Hence guys aren't going to approach every girl that does this.

Most confident guys will approach girls regardless of social opinion, but you do get the ones who over think things and don't want to come off annoying etc
Original post by chazwomaq
What is it with men?

why not just go to the man...
Original post by bottled
why not just go to the man...

Given that women are perceived as more desirable, why would they do that?
Original post by Rakas21
Given that women are perceived as more desirable, why would they do that?

pls, if he ain't picking up ur signals u gotta go in there deep and get that attention
Original post by amylouisenic
they're not weak at all. they're honest.

Original post by Rakas21
Women today still like a man who displays dominant traits. You approaching them displays confidence and initiative which are both desirable.

This simply isn't true. It is a sign of desperation and weakness. You have given in and now you are putty in her hands. If a man is truly dominant and confident then he does not need to approach the woman in question as she will soon enough be approaching him. I never approach women as its a sign of weakness and never ever works. The best way is to just not care and stop putting women on a pedestal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending