The Student Room Group

Cardiff Met PGCE Interview

Hi there,

Has anyone had an interview for primary PGCE yet at Cardiff met?

I got mine Monday & really do not know what to expect. It doesn't say anything about a presentation or preparing for one? so hope it's not just put to us on the day.

Xx
Reply 1
How did your interview go? I was just invited to one for secondary art at Cardiff Met today and have no idea what to expect.
I had mine for secondary history a few weeks ago and it was just a really calm and welcoming interview.
When I got there I checked in at reception and they told me to grab a coffee and theyd take me down when my interview time came. After being taken to the room I was interviewed by the head of History and a headteacher of a local school I could be in during my PGCE. They asked the generic questions of why I want to do a PGCE, why secondary, differentiation in a classroom, my experience, an educational issue currently going on, how much welsh I knew and then asked if I had any questions for them.
I was then left to roam around and grab lunch (my interview was at half 10) until I had my Maths and English tests at 2pm. The on screen maths and English test last about 30 mins each and you can have a 10/15 minute break between if you want. There is then a 45 minute English written response to an article given. If you also want to do the PGCE through the medium of welsh there is also an on screen welsh test to do which is an extra 30 mins.

I had my interview on Thursday, 4th December and I received my conditional offer (of having a DBS check an achieving a 2:2) on Friday, 12th December - so they have a quick turn around :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Beccyboop
Hi there,

Has anyone had an interview for primary PGCE yet at Cardiff met?

I got mine Monday & really do not know what to expect. It doesn't say anything about a presentation or preparing for one? so hope it's not just put to us on the day.

Xx

Hi, How did your interview go if you don't mind me asking? I've got my interview and I'm really nervous as don't know what to expect
Original post by CescaBeth
I had mine for secondary history a few weeks ago and it was just a really calm and welcoming interview.
When I got there I checked in at reception and they told me to grab a coffee and theyd take me down when my interview time came. After being taken to the room I was interviewed by the head of History and a headteacher of a local school I could be in during my PGCE. They asked the generic questions of why I want to do a PGCE, why secondary, differentiation in a classroom, my experience, an educational issue currently going on, how much welsh I knew and then asked if I had any questions for them.
I was then left to roam around and grab lunch (my interview was at half 10) until I had my Maths and English tests at 2pm. The on screen maths and English test last about 30 mins each and you can have a 10/15 minute break between if you want. There is then a 45 minute English written response to an article given. If you also want to do the PGCE through the medium of welsh there is also an on screen welsh test to do which is an extra 30 mins.

I had my interview on Thursday, 4th December and I received my conditional offer (of having a DBS check an achieving a 2:2) on Friday, 12th December - so they have a quick turn around :smile:

I was just wondering what the pass mark is for the literacy and numeracy tests and do you find out on the day if you've passed or they don't say at all.

Also, well done on getting a place, you must be so excited :smile:
Original post by RachaelHayley92
I was just wondering what the pass mark is for the literacy and numeracy tests and do you find out on the day if you've passed or they don't say at all.

Also, well done on getting a place, you must be so excited :smile:

Sorry for the late reply - they never said anything Im assuming I passed it with the offer xD
Hi, for Cardiff met uni, do I need to know Welsh language? Do they care it?
Original post by gulumecem
Hi, for Cardiff met uni, do I need to know Welsh language? Do they care it?

From being on open days and also going to school in wales welsh unis definitely do care about the welsh language as you'll be expected to say things like good morning and call the register in welsh. I wouldn't say you need to know the language though, you just need to be open to learning some phrases!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending