The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Chances of me getting an offer?

Hey dudes (and dudettes),

I've applied for English Language at Manchester for 2007. I think i've made a bit of a blunder in putting this University above EVERY other in the one that i want to go to as i am now really worried about not even receiving an offer which will be gutting for me as i don't really want to go any other Uni than this one.

Some background information regarding my application:
* 11 GCSEs (5 A*, 4 A and 2 B's)
* 4 AS Levels (A in English Language, B in Media Studies, B in Psychology and C in Maths. All are being continued at A2 Level.
* Predicted Grades are ABBB.
* No employment history whatsoever.
* Work Experience at 'The Mobile Phone Repair Company' for 2 weeks. Finance Department.

There's not really much more i can put down here. I was also wondering whether it would be wise to apply twice for two "different" but similar courses in English Language and Linguistics in the hope that if i don't get in one, i might be accepted for the other.

Help Appreciated. Thanks x
I can't really help you with the english part, hopefully someone who knows about that will post for you.

I'm not sure what the entry requirements are for english but I don't think they're crazily high, maybe an ABB. From what you've posted grades wise you seem to be doing okay.
Just make sure your personal statement rules :smile: Your teachers can help you with that. Mine was awful but I got accepted, so maybe it's not a too big thing if you can get the grades.

And work hard for A2! =)

Good luck anyway xx
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
The work experience is completely irrelevant. The GSCEs are strong, the AS-Levels are pretty good, and the predicted grades are fine. Normal offer range for English Language is ABB-BBB.

I'd say you have a good chance.
Reply 3
Yep with ABBB you should be fine...plus you have excellent GCSEs. I just got an offer of ABB (for econ) so i wouldn't worry at all about it, if anything you have a better chance than a lot of applicants.
Reply 4
As long as your personal statement is interesting and you get a good reference, I would say you have a decent chance of getting an offer :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 5
but alex you have maths? I havent got gcse maths at A and i wanna do management :frown:

btw how have you declared your AS's?

Latest

Trending

Trending