The Student Room Group

What did you want to be career wise when you were younger?

i wanted to be a wrestler when i was 11 and even told my mates that i was going to join a wrestling school at 16 , never happened.
Original post by stehay
i wanted to be a wrestler when i was 11 and even told my mates that i was going to join a wrestling school at 16 , never happened.

I wanted to be various things.
I wanted to be an author (still do), a singer, a police woman, a geography teacher, a primary school teacher. Im sure there where others as well.
Reply 2
Oh God everything under the sun..

Electrician at first, DJ, police man, programmer, guitarist in a band, MI5 (of course.), structural engineer (Inspired by Prison Break), scientist, forensic technician, footballer, ice hockey player, doctor, lawyer, businessman, fraud analyst, pilot..... There are probably more I can't think of.
Footballer
Golf Course Manager/owner
Saxophonist
Airline Pilot
Police Officer
Author
Primary School Teacher
The big one was vet. Then i realised that I'm horribly squeamish and that I probably couldn't handle putting animals down. I'm working in bioveterinary research, so that's pretty close :smile:
Reply 5
I wanted to be a variety of professions and in hindsight they were quite silly. At 6 I wanted to be a ballerina and decided at 13 I hated ballet. At 12 I wanted to be an Olympic swimmer, at 13 a writer or artist..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanted to go 'Catch me if you can' style and do everything.
(Hope u guys are familiar with the film)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Abzey_97
I wanted to go 'Catch me if you can' style and do everything.
(Hope u guys are familiar with the film)

Posted from TSR Mobile

So... you wanted to commit fraud in order to pursue various careers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanted to be a pilot.
Reply 9
A vet, a model and a Gymnastics coach :smile:
Starting from a VERY young age...

A penguin
A police woman
A writer
An artist
A doctor
A private investigator

Aaaand now something in the field of Psychology.
Original post by amberskye
Starting from a VERY young age...

A penguin
A police woman
A writer
An artist
A doctor
A private investigator

Aaaand now something in the field of Psychology.

Penguin is my favorite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilyghz
Penguin is my favorite

Posted from TSR Mobile

:pingu:
Was a vet when I was very little. Then primary school teacher for as long as I can remember. Though I did consider briefly about becoming a nurse when I was 18 :nooo:
I wanted to be a scientist when was I was younger (perhaps when I was in year 5 or 6). When I reached year 8 I started to hate science because of the teacher and the people I was sat with.:unimpressed:
Later on I wanted to become a lawyer and now I currently want to work in the field of psychology (work with children with autism), but I don't know anymore. Cake decorating sounds interesting to me....:redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lilyghz
So... you wanted to commit fraud in order to pursue various careers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:awesome:...jwk,nope. Should have made it clear. Just the idea of rapid changes in career and being able to pass tests like the bar so easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanted to be a historian when I was a child. Weird for a preteen girl. Then I wanted to be a singer. Now I'm going to uni to study Ancient History!
Pretty sure it was a professional footballer :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending