The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Applicants to Wolverhampton - Midwifery Course 2015

I was wondering whether the selection process included only the maths and English tests or whether there was anything else that happened on the day?

Does the interview take place after you have passed the selection process? What kind of things can you expect to happen at the interview? I have read about the small presentation but wondered if there were anything else to do on the day.

Scroll to see replies

Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Original post by S_a_R_a_H
I was wondering whether the selection process included only the maths and English tests or whether there was anything else that happened on the day?

Does the interview take place after you have passed the selection process? What kind of things can you expect to happen at the interview? I have read about the small presentation but wondered if there were anything else to do on the day.

I have been thinking exactly the same, I have been invited to a selection day and I have no clue what to expect. wishing you good luck!!
I am attending the selection tests at Wolverhampton uni for midwifery on 21st jan! I emailed them to ask for more details about the tests and they said theres an essay to write and you are given the title on the day but it will be 'health related' and have to score 20/30 to pass. There is also a maths test that is 30 minutes long and there are 27 questions and you need 75% to pass this, it is a non-calculator test! if both tests are passed then an interview will be offered for a different date. Hope this helps! Good luck! xxx
So do you only have to get 75% to pass? I thought it was 100% I have the selection test on wednesday 21st too well nervous :s-smilie: xxx
oh yeah I also wanted to ask if someone could shed some light, do we have to prepare for an presentation on the 6'c on for the day because i cant find any info on the wolves website ive even gone into my emails from wolves uni to check but nothing...:s xxx Thank you
They didn't mention anything about a presentation to me about the selection day, you just go to do the maths test and essay then if you pass them you will be invited for an interview on a different day so maybe your asked to do a presentation as part of the interview? I have to do a presentation about demonstrating compassion as a student midwive as part of my interview for Birmingham City xxxx
Reply 7
omg i have a interview for bcu in february for midwifery and i didnt know we had to do a presentation????????? I wasnt told that. Also last year two ppl said that there was no maths test at bcu for midwifery just an essay about why they chose bcu or the course something like that.
Reply 8
Original post by vicky_thach1990
So do you only have to get 75% to pass? I thought it was 100% I have the selection test on wednesday 21st too well nervous :s-smilie: xxx

I have a test on the 21st too! Wolvs dont even provide a sample test on their website im so nervous my maths is soo bad.:mad:
It's only a 3 minute presentation as part of the interview and you can only use cue cards, no other resources. It was on the letter attached to the invitation on ucas xxxxxx
Also a friend of mine has done the wolvo maths test and apparently found it quite hard but I'm not sure what her maths is like. But apparently she didn't pass it but still has an interview?
Original post by vicky_thach1990
oh yeah I also wanted to ask if someone could shed some light, do we have to prepare for an presentation on the 6'c on for the day because i cant find any info on the wolves website ive even gone into my emails from wolves uni to check but nothing...:s xxx Thank you

On the wolvo website it says as part of the interview you have to do a 3-5 minute talk to a small group and you have to take an object or image that represents at least one of the 6 C's but that's not part of the selection test day xxxxx
Reply 12
Hope your tests went well! I've been invited to sit the selection tests in Februaury but don't know what to expect. Did you find them difficult? How long were you there for?
Reply 13
Omg the maths test was hard. There's a lot of decimals, fractions, conversions and there was even a graph. Maths was 20 then straight away you do your English which was very easy essay. English was 30mins that's it. Your there only for 50mins only.
Reply 14
Original post by sorotity
Omg the maths test was hard. There's a lot of decimals, fractions, conversions and there was even a graph. Maths was 20 then straight away you do your English which was very easy essay. English was 30mins that's it. Your there only for 50mins only.

Uh oh, I need to get revising then! Thats handy to know, I thought it would be a lengthy process. Thanks!
Reply 15
I've already done the selection tests and passed luckily! The maths was quite hard make sure you know conversions like mm to cm, ml to l and stuff like that. The english was quite easy though! The interview does include a 3 min presentation of the 6C's it's quite relaxed though! You don't have to stand in front of them or anything. Good luck everyone!
Ive gone blank as to what image or item to take that encapsulates one of the 6c's for the 3 min presentation. Really nervous about the maths
i did the selection tests on 21st January and had an email today saying I had passed them and have been invited for an interview on 24th February 😃 so excited but so nervous too! I'm the same and don't know what item to take! Xx
Reply 18
Guys, I heard back :frown: I didn't get in but they offered me a different course 'Social care with criminology and criminal justice' which I really don't want to do.
Reply 19
Original post by Leah R
Guys, I heard back :frown: I didn't get in but they offered me a different course 'Social care with criminology and criminal justice' which I really don't want to do.

So sorry to hear that. Have you got any other offers or pending interviews?

Latest

Trending

Trending