The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA lgbt???

So I'll be going to UEA next year I know there's a Pride society at the uni but I was wondering what the general LGBT vibe was like at the uni like if there are event or any decent bars/clubs? I'm live in London right now so I realise anywhere will be different (but cheaper), but I just wanted to know if there is an LGBT community beyond the society.
Reply 1
Hi :smile:

I don't know what the Pride society is like, but the UEA itself is fairly awesome when it comes to LGBT issues. We have an LGBT+ officer as part of the uni who held a caucus earlier in the year to discuss issues people were having (and whose email can be found on the union site if you have questions) and the uni is very diverse, and problems (which don't happen often) are dealt with very quickly.

In terms of clubs there's the Loft. I'm entirely unsure of what it's like compared to London clubs, but it's one of my preferred clubs in the city, and I do know it's frequented by UEA Pride. It's the only specifically LGBT focused club in Norwich to my knowledge though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by gmsutt
So I'll be going to UEA next year I know there's a Pride society at the uni but I was wondering what the general LGBT vibe was like at the uni like if there are event or any decent bars/clubs? I'm live in London right now so I realise anywhere will be different (but cheaper), but I just wanted to know if there is an LGBT community beyond the society.

Hello!

I don't know anything about the Pride Society here as I've never attended any of their events, but what I will say is that UEA is a very liberal environment in general and you'll feel comfortable as an LGBT student. The only specific gay place in the city is The Loft which is a bit hit and miss, you're better off just going to ordinary clubs in my opinion. I'm also from London and obviously a small city like Norwich doesn't have anything like the scene you'll find in London but that doesn't mean you wont enjoy yourself!

All the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending