The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
i got in with BBC, but i am officially a mature student(21yrs) so the entry requirements are lowered because i'm supposed to have life skills
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
ben_g_ali
i got in with ABB, but i am officially a mature student(21yrs) so the entry requirements are lowered because i'm supposed to have life skills

oh really? i didnt know uni's did that?

do u,, by chance, know any of the law students grades who arent mature students?
Reply 3
I know people in their second year who do law. one got in with AAA the other had AAB, I'm trying to remember if I know anyone in their first year doing law... hmm... I only know of my friends at other universitys i'm afraid. I will try find out if anyone knows of someone doing law :smile:
Reply 4
My flatmate who is 1st yr law student got AAB and got in because the law course at Leeds wasn't oversubscribed when she applied so the grade requirements were lowered.
Reply 5
If you live in Leeds within a catchment area they lower the grades for all subjects, I only know this because I live with three people from Leeds.
Reply 6
sirhappy
oh really? i didnt know uni's did that?

do u,, by chance, know any of the law students grades who arent mature students?

best thing will be to ring the admissions tutors and ask them. last year i did some admin work with them and they didnt mind queries like this. but they hate silly queries like "can i get into a abb course when i'm predicted ccd?"
Reply 7
The Ninja
If you live in Leeds within a catchment area they lower the grades for all subjects, I only know this because I live with three people from Leeds.

I've heard about this too - do you know how much they were lowered to, particularly for the LLB course???
I think only by one grade...thats why theres afew people on the course with AAB...but mostly quite strict. i got AAAA...my offer was AAA.
x
Reply 9
hey i went to the law open day on feb 14th.

general studies is now accepted which was a plus for me.

all applicants who placed leeds as their firm choice and gained AAB have been able to have a place in the past two years.
however she stressed that leeds has to be the firm choice.
it's not guaranteed, but in the past two years it's worked out like that.
but obviously it depends on what everybody else gets etc!
Reply 10
chloe182
hey i went to the law open day on feb 14th.

general studies is now accepted which was a plus for me.

all applicants who placed leeds as their firm choice and gained AAB have been able to have a place in the past two years.
however she stressed that leeds has to be the firm choice.
it's not guaranteed, but in the past two years it's worked out like that.
but obviously it depends on what everybody else gets etc!

And how, may I ask, did you find the University itself? Did it persuade you into putting them as your 'firm' choice?
Reply 11
Hey, i gotta an ABB offer to do Law and Accouting at Leeds, i guess cause its a split cause the requirements are lower

Latest