The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Are you currently enrolled in University?

3. It is possible to go to the U.S. for only a semester, but it doesn't seem like a smart idea unless you are currently in University. If you are not, and just want to see what the U.S. is like, I would suggest going for a full year and getting it over with. After all, what would you do after the one semester, if you do not have a UK University to go back to?

2. Umm...University in the U.S. takes 4 years, unless you are super-ambitious and want to take a jillion more classes than everyone else. The workload is pretty intense too, at a lot of Universities, so you might not want to do this if you enjoy having a social life. However, if you have already completed a year of University, then that changes the matter :smile:

No matter what you decide to do, there are literally thousands of Universities (about 2200 to be exact) to choose from in the U.S., so do your research. I suspect that your decion, or what is best, will have a lot to do with where you get in and whether those are places you would like to spend several years.

My last point is...the majority of schools here are *very* expensive. Unless you have a lot of funds to spend on college, or want to go into a lot of debt, or have some other alternate plan, 3 years might be a bit hard on the wallet.

Latest

Trending

Trending