The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam, Primary Education interview!

Hi,

I was wondering has anybody got an interview for Primary Education this Friday (16th January 2015)? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xcharlotteemma
Hi,

I was wondering has anybody got an interview for Primary Education this Friday (16th January 2015)? :smile:

Good luck!
I had mine in December, don't worry about it
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Livphelps
Good luck!

Did it go well? :smile:
Did you have to do any tests on the day?
Is it for PGCE? I had mine on the 6th!
Original post by rachaelamyy

Have you heard back from your interview? :smile:
Original post by Milky93
Have you heard back from your interview? :smile:
Yes, I heard back less than 24 hours later! I got an offer. :smile:

Well done! They told me they would let me know between 7-10 days and its been 4 days but I hope its before! Did they tell you it might be longer than it was?
Original post by Milky93
Well done! They told me they would let me know between 7-10 days and its been 4 days but I hope its before! Did they tell you it might be longer than it was?
My interview was on the Tuesday, they said they would definitely let us know by the Friday but it would be ASAP. Was yours PGCE Primary?
My interview was on the Tuesday, they said they would definitely let us know by the Friday but it would be ASAP. Was yours PGCE Primary?

Ahh right that was good then! Yes I applied for upper and lower primary so then if they give me an offer for both I can choose but I think I'd really like to do upper :smile:
Reply 9
I have one on the 14th January!!

Nope, it's for undergraduate :smile:

Well done! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Livphelps
Good luck!

What did you teach for the skills thing?
Reply 13
Hiya, I have my interview on the 11th March and I'm really worried about the teaching task! Can anyone let me know what kind of things people were doing?
Original post by smith.97
Hiya, I have my interview on the 11th March and I'm really worried about the teaching task! Can anyone let me know what kind of things people were doing?

I did a multiplication bingo thing that I had seen in school!

I brought a book in by Julia Donaldson and created some tasks out of it (such as match the image to the event in the story, a phonic game). I explained how I could use them in a early years settings. She even said to me in the end, that she liked how I was creative, by making my own resources. I received a offer virtually the next day. Try and be original! :smile:
Reply 16
Oh, they sound like really good ideas! How did the rest of the interview go, the one on one interview in particular? and is sheffield anyone's firm choice? :smile:
Oh, they sound like really good ideas! How did the rest of the interview go, the one on one interview in particular? and is sheffield anyone's firm choice? :smile:

The one piece of advice I have for you, is to be up to date on current education issues! :smile:

My individual interview was absolutely fine! There was head teacher from a school there and she was lovely and practically talked me through the whole thing! Yeh educational issues is a good thing to know about. But more than one because my friend got asked about a different one! And I would always ask a question at the end!
And it is my firm choice!

When I went to my interview, people taught a wide range of things from card tricks, phonics, French, math games and even literacy games:biggrin: hope this helps:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending