The Student Room Group
im sure if you contact the examining boards directly they can send you your certificates again no?
Reply 2
iceman_jondoe
im sure if you contact the examining boards directly they can send you your certificates again no?

Even when it's been so long?
It's almost four years ago now.....

I'll give it a try
Reply 3
i ***ked mine up a few years ago and paid £38(not sure of cost now) to have them reprinted. its been 5 years and i've never needed them for uni or job interviews.

Hiowever i've been told that some job interviews require them eg when they require a min of Cs in Maths and english. but i've not been asked to produce them in 8 interviews.
Reply 4
ben_g_ali
i ***ked mine up a few years ago and paid £38(not sure of cost now) to have them reprinted. its been 5 years and i've never needed them for uni or job interviews.

Hiowever i've been told that some job interviews require them eg when they require a min of Cs in Maths and english. but i've not been asked to produce them in 8 interviews.

Is that £35 to each board? I did my GCSEs with Edexcel and AQA.
Reply 5
I've lost mine too, my mum threw them out by accident, but I really don't see what they're needed for. Why would you lie about your GCSEs?? and if you did lie about them then why does it matter? GCSEs shouldn't have any influence in you getting a job, they're basically just show you have basic skills in what you've learnt at school and by the time you've got a bit further then they're a bit useless because you would have learnt so much more.
Reply 6
I have had 2 interviews so far (albeit not usual jobs) and both have required to see all my certificates so I would get them re-printed. Doesnt matter how important you think they are, some people want a certain level of English and Maths.
Reply 7
I was once asked to show all my certificates at a job interview. I had my GCSE ones, but had to get replacements for my A level certificates, as I couldn't find them. This was several years after I'd taken them, but there was no problem getting replacements from the exam boards. It's definitely better to have copies of everything, even if you think you won't ever need them.
Reply 8
My flatmate was asked to produce his gcse certificates when applying for uni (non-ucas) and also for his job at the council.

so it is worth having them.

Why not frame the certificates and hang them on the wall.
Woah, i have never been given a GCSE certificate

when did you recieve these ? was it during the NRA ?

if so that explains why i havent got it

how can it get it now :s-smilie: im in year 13 by the way.
Reply 10

GCSEs mean nothing really, as long as you have English/Maths at higher level. :smile:

An applicant with a C in English A-Level will generally outperform an applicant with only an A/A* in English GCSE - generally. Same applies for an applicant with a C in Maths A-Level compared to another applicant whos Maths is only at GCSE level.

Latest

Trending

Trending