The Student Room Group

The Interview waiting game.... when to follow up?

I applied to a job at the beginning of the month for a large multinational company. 9 days had passed, when I was called to arrange a phone interview with HR for the following week, which was scheduled for last Monday. The interview went well, and they asked me to go for a face-to-face interview with the Manager I'd be reporting to four days later on the Friday. At the end of the interview, I asked about any time frames and they said I was the last to be interviewed, and that they were going to discuss candidates this week, and HR would be back in touch.

The interview went really well for me, but as always, there's things I feel I could have done better - been more enthusiastic, used different examples, elaborated more etc. Saying that, the interviewers seemed to like me, and we had good flowing conversation.... but you can never tell what they're thinking, or the type of candidates you're up against.

I know things can crop up and decisions take longer, and a week to an employer is nothing, but to you it's forever when you're waiting for a response for a job you'd love. I just have a bad feeling that because I haven't heard anything it won't be good news - seems a common occurrence so far on my job hunt. Especially as they keep reposting the job on Twitter, but not on any other of their social media channels (not sure if it's a scheduled tweet or not).

I'm just wondering when I should do a follow up e-mail, as it would have been a week tomorrow at 11am. Shall I leave it until tomorrow afternoon or Monday?

I don't want to seem like I'm pestering either or too enthusiastic, so I just wanted to know your thoughts.
Perhaps give till the end of the month:dontknow:

I know how tough the waiting game can be, the employment process can take time.

Perhaps you could contact your references and check whether they have been approached by the comapany:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending