The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

4 Weeks have passed since my 4-Week E-Mail hit it's deadline.

Hopefully I'll hear soon, offer or rejection.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I got rejected on Wednesday (yesterday), for there were other better personal statements than mine. I had prediction a*a*a and I was applying to straight econ, ah well maybe they saw through my application that I'm not that interested in economics.
Got an offer for Bsc Actuarial Science!
Rejected for maths with Eco yesterday and still waiting for actuarial science. One of my friends got a offer for finance just now..well..if still get rejected (which I suppose to)..I will have to go to Imperial:frown:
Original post by Baz1000
Also I wanted to apologise for that post. Just been looking over it. I must confess that I am really really nervous. LSE has been my dream uni for 3.5 years. It was the first uni,I ordered a prospectus from. The first uni I visited. The first open day I attended. The only uni I really really love the idea of going to. All in all, of course I am fully aware of the competitiveness and the longevity of replies from the admissions team. Lastly I am aware I could so easily get a rejection in the same way I could get an offer. And of course there are other unis I could go to and so easily have a great time and do well etc. etc.

But there not LSE and it will hurt really bad if I get a rejection. It will take a long time to heal for me, especially after coming so close to the dream.

That's fine! Completely understandable. I felt the same way. Good luck with everything, I hope you get an offer :smile:
Original post by Zer0.
4 Weeks have passed since my 4-Week E-Mail hit it's deadline.

Hopefully I'll hear soon, offer or rejection.

Damn that really sucks. Hopefully you will hear back soon, I think was waiting a similar length of time after my 4 week deadline.
Original post by OoAugust
Rejected for maths with Eco yesterday and still waiting for actuarial science. One of my friends got a offer for finance just now..well..if still get rejected (which I suppose to)..I will have to go to Imperial:frown:

Damn unlucky :frown:
Original post by Eznomics
I guess Wednesday will be both offer and rejection day from now on. After 6 months of waiting I have been utterly desensitized to the feelings of envy and anxiety when people start celebrating their offers on this thread to the point that I don't even care about LSE any more. I am just mildly annoyed that a rejection hasn't come already so I can firm UCL and choose my accommodation.

Why would it matter? There's no advantage for applying early for accomodation at UCL until the deadline, which is a couple months away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OoAugust

Sorry to hear that... You must really like lse! Most people would choose imperial over lse for maths. Hopefully you'll get an offer soon!
Apply on 21 of Oct for statistic with finance. Currently in 8th week after the last 4 week email. I am wondering should I contact them cuz they've missed their deadline for 4 weeks already!
Original post by antigone-
Damn that really sucks. Hopefully you will hear back soon, I think was waiting a similar length of time after my 4 week deadline.

I didn't get to congratulate you I don't think, so:

Congratulations!!!!!

(Yeah, hopefully they'll get back to me this Monday)
Original post by neevadesai
Hi, law applicant here too! I felt the same! Math was horrible :frown:(( Did you manage to solve all 4?
I'm an international student

Hi! I'm an Italian applicant for Law :smile:
I did manage to solve three questions... As for the fourth, I did only the first part because I did not study integrals at school :frown:
Original post by keweixie
Apply on 21 of Oct for statistic with finance. Currently in 8th week after the last 4 week email. I am wondering should I contact them cuz they've missed their deadline for 4 weeks already!

I'm waiting for it too haha......
Original post by elcherie
Hi! I'm an Italian applicant for Law :smile:
I did manage to solve three questions... As for the fourth, I did only the first part because I did not study integrals at school :frown:

Hiii, oh man, same goes for me. It took me a while to even figure which topic they were pertaining too :'(
Things are looking rather bleak
Where else have you applied?
Hey guys I really need help on this. I just got an offer yesterday and I am considering of dropping one of my 4 A level subjects as my offer is just consist of AAA. So is it possible for the university to withdraw the offer if i request to drop one of it off?
Offer for Law & Anthropology!!!

Completely speechless and actually quite emotional at the moment. My head is spinning like craaaaaazy.
Original post by Baz1000

Completely speechless and actually quite emotional at the moment. My head is spinning like craaaaaazy.

Congrats! It's been a long wait for everyone.😀🍀
Original post by neevadesai
Hiii, oh man, same goes for me. It took me a while to even figure which topic they were pertaining too :'(
Things are looking rather bleak
Where else have you applied?

Only to LSE! If I get rejected I'm going to apply to either the University of Bologna or to the University of Florence :smile:
Original post by Banana Dreams
Hey guys I really need help on this. I just got an offer yesterday and I am considering of dropping one of my 4 A level subjects as my offer is just consist of AAA. So is it possible for the university to withdraw the offer if i request to drop one of it off?

Email them first to ask
Original post by Baz1000

When did you get an offer? Today or on wednesday?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending