The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aash-na
I'm applying for History, got 5A*s and 6As at GCSE and AAAB for AS. Predicted A*AA. Any other history applicants out there??

I'm going for Economics and Economic History, predicted A*A*A in Maths History and Economics respectively
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
What's quite likely is that they've decide for about 90% of the first batch and are just finishing off the last few before sending out replies en mass. They used to do it as they made a decision but it takes up a lot more of their time and people kept calling asking why they didn't have a reply when their friend did. All to save them time overall.
Reply 982
I'm applying for PPE and got my 8 week email yesterday - also exactly two weeks after the 2 week email :biggrin:
I thought it would take longer because they requested more predicted grades and that took two or three days I think.
I'm excited to know in eight weeks if I get an offer or not. Haven't heard from any of my other choices yet, so maybe it will be the first decision (could also be Oxford though, when they reject me pre-interview, which is quite likely)
Are we thinking that this Thursday might see the release of decisions?
Hi guys I submitted an undergraduate application for lse but after sending my UCAS application off i realized that I made a small error on my personal statements; I used 'onto' instead of 'into' in my opening paragraph so I was wondering if i should withdraw my application and re submit it next week.
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Thanks, I was looking for it but didn't realise it was that far back. Post 735 if anyone else was looking for it too :smile:

Sorry! Alternatively, you could look for the post through my profile/page
Original post by felecita
LSE just told me you don't have to.

Well do whatever you want to do then. :smile:

It's just a suggestion but surely, they are more likely to give an offer to someone with high UMS than to someone who won't tell them their UMS?
Hey,

Just a quick query, how detrimental would these GCSE grades be: 7A*s 4As 1B, with one A* being short course RS.

I know a few people being rejected with low GCSEs, and i'm sure mine are considered "low" but I am just wondering as to HOW bad this may be for my application.

AS Grades AABB - Maths, History, Chemistry and Biology respectively (traditional subjects and Bs in sciences).
Predicted - A*A*A
Bsc Finance applicant.
Thanks, first post on TSR!
While I was filling in my personal information session I was wondering why they did not have an 'international' option for residential category. I found EU (non- UK) as the closest option since it stated non- UK so I chose it, only to realize that I should have chosen 'Others' instead. I am from Hong Kong so for other options, eg. area of permanent residence and address I chose Hong Kong. Now it is contradicting.

Now I sent off my applications one week ago. No universities have contacted me about this mistake. What should I do? Email UCAS and ask them to change it for me? Thank you!!
Reply 989
Original post by Masson51
Hey,

Just a quick query, how detrimental would these GCSE grades be: 7A*s 4As 1B, with one A* being short course RS.

I know a few people being rejected with low GCSEs, and i'm sure mine are considered "low" but I am just wondering as to HOW bad this may be for my application.

AS Grades AABB - Maths, History, Chemistry and Biology respectively (traditional subjects and Bs in sciences).
Predicted - A*A*A
Bsc Finance applicant.
Thanks, first post on TSR!

Your GCSEs are fine, the Bs at AS would be the bigger issue I imagine
Original post by mumollypolly
While I was filling in my personal information session I was wondering why they did not have an 'international' option for residential category. I found EU (non- UK) as the closest option since it stated non- UK so I chose it, only to realize that I should have chosen 'Others' instead. I am from Hong Kong so for other options, eg. area of permanent residence and address I chose Hong Kong. Now it is contradicting.

Now I sent off my applications one week ago. No universities have contacted me about this mistake. What should I do? Email UCAS and ask them to change it for me? Thank you!!

Email UCAS concerning this mistake will be fine. Or you can directly tell the universities you have applied to if you want them to be aware of this as soon as possible. This will not place your application in disadvantage.
Original post by kwanbrain1
Email UCAS concerning this mistake will be fine. Or you can directly tell the universities you have applied to if you want them to be aware of this as soon as possible. This will not place your application in disadvantage.

I have emailed ucas but they only gave me an automated response. Planning on calling them later. I sent off my application last week. Actually, what difference will it make if they categorize me as an EU citizen rather than an international citizen? Thank you!
I have emailed ucas but they only gave me an automated response. Planning on calling them later. I sent off my application last week. Actually, what difference will it make if they categorize me as an EU citizen rather than an international citizen? Thank you!

I did the same mistake last year (was living in japan) but only realised my mistake 3 months after I've sent off my ucas application. I called UCAS and they changed my status right away.
Knowing that non-EU resident tuition fees are much more higher, maybe it can influence your admission, but I'm really not sure of that.
Reply 993
If I submitted my application on the 1st October does anyone know when I might get an offer/rejection?
Reply 994
just to share
applied to both BSc Finance and BSc Mathematics and Economics
Doing IB - predicted 44 (HL maths,physics,economics and German b- 7777). I assess my PS as an alright one.
Just wanted to know how high my chances are.
Have no GSCEs - didn't do them, as only moved to the UK for the Sixth Form...
(edited 8 years ago)

You will pay a much lower tuition fee as an EU citizen than an international student. The difference is around £7000 a year.

btw I hold an EU nationality alongside a HK citizenship and so hope to be paying the EU/ Home fee in the near future. It depends many factors such as your permanent residential address and the length of time that has been spent in the UK before the starting of your undergrad course.
Original post by Soekblas
I did the same mistake last year (was living in japan) but only realised my mistake 3 months after I've sent off my ucas application. I called UCAS and they changed my status right away.
Knowing that non-EU resident tuition fees are much more higher, maybe it can influence your admission, but I'm really not sure of that.

Would the influence be better or for worse...? I called them and they changed right away! I was told to contact the universities as well, did you do so? Will this jeopardize my application even more? :frown:
Original post by Shark17
If I submitted my application on the 1st October does anyone know when I might get an offer/rejection?

Sent mine off on the same day.

I reckon many offers will be on Thursday 19th and 26th November and many rejections a short while after that. I'd imagine there have already been a fair few rejections.
Reply 998

Unless you've lived in the EU for at least three years prior to commencing studies in the EU you will be charged the international rate. This also applies to EU citizens who have lived outside of the EU. It's based on residency not nationality.
Reply 999
Original post by Shark17

Any time between now and March. It doesn't really matter when you sent it, they'll decide when they decide

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending