The Student Room Group

Does this mean he has finished with me or what?

My bf has gone cold again. I think it's because I'm not that into sex we have tried it but it hurt me and he was ok with it he just said we needed practice etc. Anyway I have lots of studying to do and last night he thought I was staying over at his. I said that next week would be more ideal as I'm quite busy but he seemed really down about it so I agreed to do some studying first then stay over at his then go in the morning. i went at around midnight (he isn't far away). Last night he touched me a bit when I was half asleep but I must have ignored him in some way as he went cold and didn't touch me all night, understandable as I didn't really return his affection maybe I should have. In the morning we hugged a bit but it didn't go any further. He said 'do you want to go'. I said 'I need to at some point' and he said 'come on then I'll walk you to the car'. He threw a packet of condoms on the bed and said 'I got these, they might never get used'. I was reading the back of the packet (dunno why lol Suppose I was just acting thick) He said 'they are just condoms, nothing special'. He put them back in his draw and we went out.

He was very abrupt/blunt and when I hugged him he just left his hands by his side in his pockets and said ok (he's never done that before he has always been very I to hugging). I said 'I'll go home get some work done' what you up to 'he said nothing and shook his head looking dissapointed. I said 'do you want me to text you later' he muttered 'not really no, it's up to you see what happens'. I got a text after that saying that he forgot he owed me some money for shopping but there was no kiss on it. I sent one back asking if he was ok but there's no reply.

I know I'm at fault for not being eager to have sex but does this mean he has finished with me, not returning the hug and being blunt/cold etc? Should I just not text him and see or should I text him later.

Im im rubbish with relationships :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone
It seems normal. Don't be pressured into doing something you don't want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really it's quite hard to say what he's doing until you speak with him properly again. He could have just been in a bad mood, but he might be plannin' on chucking you, who knows?

EDIT: BUT DON'T FEEL PRESSURED INTO SEX GOSH DARNIT
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Really it's quite hard to say what he's doing until you speak with him properly again. He could have just been in a bad mood, but he might be plannin' on chucking you, who knows?

EDIT: BUT DON'T FEEL PRESSURED INTO SEX GOSH DARNIT

Well it had been 2 months before we tried it (looking at it from his side) but when he comes on to me and I don't want sex I sort of move away a little/act dumb so he probably sees me as frigid but I'm fine with hugging etc. It just upset me when I went to hug him (after he had walked me to my car) and he didn't hug back.
Original post by Anonymous
Well it had been 2 months before we tried it (looking at it from his side) but when he comes on to me and I don't want sex I sort of move away a little/act dumb so he probably sees me as frigid but I'm fine with hugging etc. It just upset me when I went to hug him (after he had walked me to my car) and he didn't hug back.

Not hugging back certainly implies that something's up... hmmm... I really wish I had some sort of relevant advice here...

Sod it, I don't have any, sorry. You're gonna need to speak to that boi.
Reply 6
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Not hugging back certainly implies that something's up... hmmm... I really wish I had some sort of relevant advice here...

Sod it, I don't have any, sorry. You're gonna need to speak to that boi.

Yea there's def somethin up. Its ok, thanks ha
I'll be honest about exactly how I would be feeling if I were in his position... I'd feel rejected and unloved. Physical intimacy is important in a relationship and if he feels like you're withholding that then from his point of view it probably means you don't care about him. So naturally that's going to make him upset and start to pull away.

I'm not saying that it's necessarily the case that you don't care about him... But certainly that's the way it's made me feel when I've been in the same position as him
I'm a guy and I've had a similar experience. Basically, he's probably just grumpy and disappointed, but if he loves you he'll get over it in a day or two. If you don't want to have sex, don't. If he can't handle that, the relationship was never meant to work.
He's probably just gutted but I'd hope he respects you and you guys can move on
Reply 9
I'll be honest about exactly how I would be feeling if I were in his position... I'd feel rejected and unloved. Physical intimacy is important in a relationship and if he feels like you're withholding that then from his point of view it probably means you don't care about him. So naturally that's going to make him upset and start to pull away.

I'm not saying that it's necessarily the case that you don't care about him... But certainly that's the way it's made me feel when I've been in the same position as him

We hug, kiss and cuddle all the time so there is physical intimacy its just intercourse that has lacked. I dont know if most men/people feel uncared for without intercourse but for sone reason it has never done much for me. Ive always seen sex as seperate from affection/love but maybe im in an extreme minority with that, maybe for most men its the same thing, from what you have said.
Eitherway im probably back to being single again :/
don't do anything you're not comfortable with, but at the end of the day what you don't do for your man another girl will.
We hug, kiss and cuddle all the time so there is physical intimacy its just intercourse that has lacked. I dont know if most men/people feel uncared for without intercourse but for sone reason it has never done much for me. Ive always seen sex as seperate from affection/love but maybe im in an extreme minority with that, maybe for most men its the same thing, from what you have said.
Eitherway im probably back to being single again :/

Like it or not, sexual intimacy is an important part of the relationship. Whilst i 100% agree you should never be presssured into sex, it is considered to be a done thing in an adult relationship.

Out of curiosity, does he know about your very low sex drive? Cos as another poster said, yove tried sex once, couldnt do it and it now he doesnt know what to do with himself. He could very well be feeling dejected and rejected by you.
Original post by silverbolt
Like it or not, sexual intimacy is an important part of the relationship. Whilst i 100% agree you should never be presssured into sex, it is considered to be a done thing in an adult relationship.

Out of curiosity, does he know about your very low sex drive? Cos as another poster said, yove tried sex once, couldnt do it and it now he doesnt know what to do with himself. He could very well be feeling dejected and rejected by you.

Yea he does he has said it himself in numerous ways such as 'you are as promiscuous as a dog bone' and when I joked about ann summers once he said 'yea but they have a sex drive too unlike you'. So he knows even though it hasn't actually been said in a serious conversation by me, maybe it should have as like people have said he probably thinks I don't care about him.
Original post by Orange s0da
don't do anything you're not comfortable with, but at the end of the day what you don't do for your man another girl will.

See I tried intercourse and am willing to do this for him but he said that the thing that turns him on the most is giving and receiving oral that's the main thing I'm not keen on. Does the latter tend to be a deal breaker for men or is it something that most people would accept.
My bf has gone cold again.

As a male: I know girls who have thought I'd fallen out with them over one occasion, when really I was just tired that time and didn't respond well right away. After a day or two I'm mentally back where we were before that, but they were really surprised that I was over it. I know guys who've had similar situations with other girls. Moral of the story as far as I can see: not a hard and fast rule, but guys tend to take more fall-outs and more time than girls to write off a relationship, platonic or otherwise.
So don't assume that he's given up or turned away just because of one day; even if he really is upset or frustrated, he probably still likes you overall. It was only last night after all!
That DOESN'T mean you should forget about it though; if you can both bring yourself to talk about it, you'll be golden, but if not, just make sure he knows that you know he's upset.

Oh, and everyone's rubbish with relationships, don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 15
Sorry to hear this. It's a very sad but commonplace story which I identify with. It sounds as if there are things that need to be worked through. I think enthusiastic sex is important for guys but it is not the be all and end all. Can you have a good talk where you both put on the table where you're at? If its any consolation this sort of issue crops up in good long term relationships too. Good luck.
(edited 9 years ago)
See I tried intercourse and am willing to do this for him but he said that the thing that turns him on the most is giving and receiving oral that's the main thing I'm not keen on. Does the latter tend to be a deal breaker for men or is it something that most people would accept.

It really differs from guy to guy, best thing to do is sit down with him and have a candid discussion about your respective expectations.
If it hurts you, is he to big or something? = Lube

If you're not giving him any sexual interaction, that means so much to a guy, give him oral...

Good luck¬
Reply 18
I'm not sure exactly what kind of advice you are looking for. Truth is if he does not like you anymore he will soon let you know. Also if you are not giving him the affection he requires don't be surprised if he has not already found a woman on the side, if you don't feel you can cope in a relationship perhaps you should end it.

In relationships its not just the woman's emotions/feelings which matter and the fella should not have to feel bad cause he wants sex. Just let him go yourself if you think its all about you. A lot of people are using this word pressure here as if your boyfriend is trying to force you into bed, from what I read on your OP it sounds pretty normal and he also has the right to his feelings.
Original post by Mancini
I'm not sure exactly what kind of advice you are looking for. Truth is if he does not like you anymore he will soon let you know. Also if you are not giving him the affection he requires don't be surprised if he has not already found a woman on the side, if you don't feel you can cope in a relationship perhaps you should end it.

In relationships its not just the woman's emotions/feelings which matter and the fella should not have to feel bad cause he wants sex. Just let him go yourself if you think its all about you. A lot of people are using this word pressure here as if your boyfriend is trying to force you into bed, from what I read on your OP it sounds pretty normal and he also has the right to his feelings.

Where did I say that I think it's all about me? Is this an impression you have got from girls you have known that are selfish or is it actually an idea you get from my posts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending