The Student Room Group

Exams pens!

Hi everyone!
I idiotically spent thirteen quid on a pen which I really wanted to use for the exam but then came to the realisation that the pens were gel ink. I realised that gel ink was not allowed in the exam and despite the ink being black, I asked the exam office what to do. They said that I should stick to using a biro to avoid all risks.
Does gel ink scan?
Reply 1
Stick to a black biro - don't risk it.
Reply 2
Original post by sadia2257
Hi everyone!
I idiotically spent thirteen quid on a pen which I really wanted to use for the exam but then came to the realisation that the pens were gel ink. I realised that gel ink was not allowed in the exam and despite the ink being black, I asked the exam office what to do. They said that I should stick to using a biro to avoid all risks.
Does gel ink scan?

Why take the risk bruh? Do you even write?
Black gel ink pens are fine, I've done public exams using the "uniball eye Micro" ones.
Reply 4
Writing is a daily requirement, dear TSR member. I want to be able to write with a pen that I’m comfortable with and not have my hand aching 30 minutes into the exam.
Hi everyone!
Does gel ink scan?

I hate cheap biros. Always used the Parker cartridge pens in exams. As long as it's black I don't see the problem..?
Reply 6
Hi everyone!
Does gel ink scan?

my exams officer said gel pens don't scan

Quick Reply

Latest