The Student Room Group

Online Tefl courses are they any good?

HI
I have a PGCE(DTLLs) and a 2:1 degree as well as a BTEC lev 3 qualification with some teaching experience.

I want to travel and teach. Quite likely Vietnam to start with and so have been looking at suitable courses and have noticed the vast difference in prices.

I was wondering if anybody had any info or experience of 120 hour online courses or perhaps mixed as they seem to be far far cheaper. With DTLLs I was wondering if the full blown CELTA or TESOL would be really needed?
Just general advice really would help me make suitable choices.

Cheers in advance :smile:
Original post by Trughead
HI
I have a PGCE(DTLLs) and a 2:1 degree as well as a BTEC lev 3 qualification with some teaching experience.

I want to travel and teach. Quite likely Vietnam to start with and so have been looking at suitable courses and have noticed the vast difference in prices.

I was wondering if anybody had any info or experience of 120 hour online courses or perhaps mixed as they seem to be far far cheaper. With DTLLs I was wondering if the full blown CELTA or TESOL would be really needed?
Just general advice really would help me make suitable choices.

Cheers in advance :smile:

Vietnam are very fussy. I've been applying and a few problem because they want the original copies which have gone walk about. So very particular about it.

Look on www.tefl.com, that might give you a good idea. They might not need it if you have a PGCE but I don't know for certain.
Reply 2
My brother and sister both did online TEFL courses and are currently working as teachers in China(they both also have PTLLS). I'm not sure if other countries would be more fussy about it as I've never looked into it myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! My bestie did an online course and got the results, she is well-posted in Thailand, but then while doing the course, she had been working with a school and had a decent experience record + excellent academic records. She told she needed the TEFL course for it was mandatory over there. And also she shared that the curriculum is structured well to converse well with the global students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending